Favorite Buttercream Recipe

Baking By lainee Updated 8 Jun 2006 , 12:08am by Raisen

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 23 May 2006 , 12:03am
post #31 of 37

For all of you wondering about the buttercream dream recipe. This is the recipe I use to ice all of my cakes but I do not advise using it to actually "decorate", ie roses and such. The roses will hold as you make them, but they must be kept cold or they will begin to "melt" do to the butter in the recipe. So, I would advise using the recipe to ice because it is so good and not overly sweet and then making the Wilton Class Buttecream to decorate and make roses and such. I once used this recipe to star tip and wished that I would not have because as the cake/icing warmed, the starts began to droop a bit. Hope this helps!

kae133 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kae133 Posted 23 May 2006 , 3:31am
post #32 of 37

Does the buttercream dream icing crust? Or maybe I should just ask if it is easy to smooth out? That's what I'm interested in.

cookielicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookielicious Posted 26 May 2006 , 8:31pm
post #33 of 37

I really love Cali4Dawn's buttercream recipe on this site. It's what I use unless someone asks for a lighter version. Then I use the Dreamy Cream from this site. Everyone loves the taste of them. I've never had anyone say anything negative about either one.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 30 May 2006 , 6:01pm
post #34 of 37

I also love and use cali4dawn's recipe, but with a couple of changes with it...I add 1/2 -1 teaspoon of almond flavoring in, and I also thin out the icing with enriched vanilla rice dream (rice milk), it makes the frosting tastes so yummy, and I think it is just the right sweetness.
I finally taped the recipe to the inside of my spice cupboard because it is one of the only recipes that I use. (I was tired of digging it out of the cookbook cupboard.)

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 5:56pm
post #35 of 37

All I use is the Buttercream Dream Recipe, everybody loves it. I have been looking for a diferent BC recipe to try, so I am really enjoying this board, it's giving me lots of ideas!

Also I just tried the cake I made with Dream Whip, and let me just tell y'all, it was absolutely wonderful. I used the Betty Crocker French Vanilla and I followed the recipe from the back of the box and just added a pack of dream whip. IT IS SO LIGHT AND FLUFFY!!!!!! usaribbon.gif

Connie

kwhale202 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwhale202 Posted 7 Jun 2006 , 1:49am
post #36 of 37

The best buttercream is Italian Buttercream! Adding Creme Bouquet gives it a wonderful flavor and all of my customers love it! It beats out traditional buttercream by a long shot.

Raisen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Raisen Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 12:08am
post #37 of 37

When the recipe calls for "granulated sugar" do you think that could be subsituted with the raw natural sugar. I usually just use that in coffee - but I wonder if it would work in icings.....Does anyone know?

Thanks, Sara detective.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%