People Can't Stop Talking About This Cake

Decorating By Morphogirl Updated 24 Apr 2007 , 3:03pm by goal4me

Morphogirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morphogirl Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 19

icon_smile.gif Made this for my son's 2nd birthday in Dec. It's 4 months later and people are still raving about the decorations and the flavor. Huge crowd pleaser for kids and adults.

Janine
www.morphocosmetics.com

LL

18 replies
rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 19

looks cool. Are those mini cakes? Are they iced? What's in the middle? Powdered sugar or something else?

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 19

Oh that is really cool looking! Is that the set from pampered chef's?

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 19

I was thinking the William Sonoma set...either way it is cute! Nice job!

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 19

I bought this and still haven't used it. It looks great!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:31pm
post #6 of 19

definitely the WS pan... used it have it hate it.... it is ok if you aren't icing each locomotive individually, took me 4 years and 4ever to do the one in my gallery and it isn't even great looking.. maybe next time I will just deco it in candies or light deco instead of trying to cover the entire thing in star tip icon_smile.gif yours looks great though, love the snowy look icon_smile.gif

Morphogirl Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:39pm
post #7 of 19

Wow, I love this site. You can't fall asleep at the wheel. Ha! Everyone is posting. It's the William Sonoma set. I had good luck with it and those who haven't used it yet ask me anything you want. I made it 3 times. The vanilla cake recipe it comes with is really delicious. You definitely should focus on candy and just areas of tip decorating. I hadn't taken any classes yet in Dec (I started my Wilton courses in Jan) so I did what I could. I had tips from my grandmother I had never used before. The shapes come out so defined. No filling. Not necessary, really moist cake. I frozen them all individually until I was ready to decorate the night before the party. They tasted perfectly fresh.

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 19

great job. i love all the snow on the cake

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:57pm
post #9 of 19

yeah.... I can't imagine icing each train and having it look like a train still. This one looks good b/c it's not iced. As cute as it is..(and it is cute)....I gotta have the icing!

kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 10:04pm
post #10 of 19

I've been wanting to get this set for awhile now. It's nice to see what people have done with it. Great job!

Morphogirl Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 11:47pm
post #11 of 19

It's powdered sugar in the middle. Licorice for the tracks, string rolls for teh length and twists for the track dividers.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 1:10am
post #12 of 19

Very cute.

Sunshine93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunshine93 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 1:28pm
post #13 of 19

Very cute! But, I agree with rlsaxe...I gotta have icing on my cake!

Morphogirl Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 1:52pm
post #14 of 19

I had extra frosting on the side but since I had made a regular round Bday cake as will for the adults the majority of the kids that ate the train cake and didn't look for extra. Yeah, LOL, I was concerned about it not being frosted enough too but it would have lost it's definition. We are definitely the full on frosting group over here, all generations included.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 3:37pm
post #15 of 19

Very cute.. it looks a lot like the cover picture form the christmas WS catalog. Just a thought for those that need more frosting.. you can fill the cakes with frosting (like you would a cupcake) if you wanted more frosting with your cake. I have the 3-D snowman pan from WS.. haven't used it yet though.

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 3:44pm
post #16 of 19

You are very creative....I would still be talking about it to! LOL

Morphogirl Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 3:04pm
post #17 of 19

How do you fill the train cars with frosting? I've never filled cupcakes either.

Morphogirl Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 2:37pm
post #18 of 19

I need your help! I am now one of the 5 finalists (from 12) to host Real Savvy Moms PBS TV show. They decided to add another round of voting for 6 more days starting today so please I need your help with daily votes through Sunday 4/29! 2 winners will be announced on Monday.

Just click the link below now to vote for me today.
Vote for Janine

Thank you so much for your continued support,
Janine Greff

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 3:03pm
post #19 of 19

Best Wishes for your co hosting...my vote is in today!
Re post this daily through the 29th and we'll remember to addd more support your way....

Mary Jane
Santa Rosa Valley, CA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%