Failed Drivers Test Again.

Lounge By cabincake Updated 18 Apr 2007 , 4:53am by dldbrou

cabincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabincake Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, does anyone know what happens if you fail your driving test three times? I tried to find it on the dmv site, but no luck. I heard through the grape vine that you would have to take drivers ed all over again. My Son failed the first time because he just wasn't ready, then we practice like crazy every day for two months after that and he failed again. I truly believe he was prepared, but I think his nerves got the better of him. He wants to take it again as soon as possible, but if he got too nervous and failed again, he would be crushed and embarassed if he had to retake the class. Both my husband and I feel he has practiced very hard and in the last two month he is ready, but there is always the chance he'll fail if he gets nervous. Any thoughts, there's no hurry on our part, he could wait and practice more, but he's pushing to get it done.

5 replies
gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 6

I really don't know what happens. Just wanted to tell you I empathize with you! It's soooo hard when your child tries that hard and still fails. Maybe try some timed practice questions at home with him? Here is a link for practice tests, just click on your state:

http://www.dmv.org/practice-tests.php

Hope that helps! thumbs_up.gif
Good Luck
Gail

OH YEAH, WELCOME TO CC!! icon_lol.gif

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 6

Regarding failing 3 times ~ I think it depends on what state you are in.

After some review hopefully he will do better. It's hard when kids get nervous though. Hope he passes next time!

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 12:46am
post #4 of 6

I failed like five times! You just keep taking it! That was forever ago!

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 7:00am
post #5 of 6

I failed twice and in the end I had to be prescribed beta-blockers by my doctor as my leg shook so much that I couldn't control the clutch pedal. If he is physically shaking a lot maybe this is an option for him?

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 4:53am
post #6 of 6

My husband has been a drivers ed teacher for the last 20 + years. He said it may vary from state to state, but in Louisiana, you can take it as often as you want. How old is he? Is he getting the same type of practice that he is getting on his test? Driving in heavy traffic, narrow lanes, parking, turn signaling, etc. My husband gets them started on the country roads, then city traffic, then interstate highways. He drives them in the rain, the dark, makes them park in odd spaces, makes them learn how to read road signs (not billboards), to find important places, ie: hospitals, police stations, restrooms, interstate signs N/E/W/S, etc. He had one teaching method that he would use to get them to think while driving, he would be on the interstate with them and tell them that they were in a city they have never been in before and he was a women that was nine months pregnant and was having labor pains. They had to find the nearest hospital using only the road signs. When they would eventually drive into the hospital, he would look at them and say," Oh, I guess I just had gas." He had one student who did not know how to stop at stop signs properly. He kept running them. Finally, my husband made him pull over and asked him if he was trying to kill someone or was there another problem? The students said, " hey, it's not my fault, I forgot to take my medicine". My husband looked at him and said, "son, when you get pulled over by a cop, he not only will give you a ticket for running a stop sign and killing someone or something, but he will give you another ticket for being st***d for using that as an excuse." Some kids just need maturity and just because all their friends are getting their license, they just might not be ready mentally. It is scary to see the kids, leaving highschool driving like idiots, with their cell phones hanging off their ears, bopping to their loud music, smoking while talking to their buddies in another car pulling out at the same time. This could be why insurance is so high for this age group. Let him practice till he calms down and make sure only one person is in the car with him (You or your husband) no one else. This is important for his concentration and your sanity.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%