Pricing Question-Sorry, But I Need Input.

Decorating By fat-sissy Updated 15 Apr 2007 , 2:02am by MelZ

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 1:02am
post #1 of 5

I would like input on pricing this cake. It an 8", 6" and 4". I figure it would yield appx 40 servings (1x2"). It's BC frosting. @ layers filled w/Rasp Mousse and the other w/Dulce le lache. The flowers and butterflies are made from MMF. There appx 40 of the MMF flowers around the base of the tiers. I sell mostly sheet cakes now, but want to do wedding cakes. I had considered pricing wedding cakes at 1.50/serving, but after doing this cake for my daughter, I think I would want more than 60.

Thanks for your input. I know we all get tired of pricing ?'s, but I need help and this is the best place to get it! thumbs_up.gif
LL

4 replies
mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 1:09am
post #2 of 5

*Sigh, I guess I can help you even though you have that horrible avatar....LOL, oh well, guess you just don't know any better..... icon_wink.gif

I would price that cake about $3.00 a slice at least, it looks like you put alot of time into it, so figure your time and what it's worth to you. There are some good guidelines for pricing on these forums, I've used them ALL!

Dulce de Leche?? YUMMMMYYYYYYYY
I'll be right there to help you eat it icon_biggrin.gif

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 1:16am
post #3 of 5

fat-sissy, that cake is AWESOME!! My daughter LOVES My Little Pony, and I imagine ANY little (or big!) girl would feel like the bees knees to have a cake like that. Good job!!

I'm not sure how good at pricing I am; I know there have been times I've really cheated myself, but if I were pricing this I don't think I'd go below $80.

Where in Ohio are you? I think we might be neighbors!! icon_smile.gif I noticed your area code on your website.

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 1:49am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the input! I just kept thinking $60 seemed kinda low.

Mizshelli- I do believe I have one of the best Avatars you'll find. icon_biggrin.gif . I notice you live in Michigan. You couldn't possibly be a Wolverine fan could you? I had do a Michigan cake a while back and my husband said I should charge 'em extra icon_wink.gif ! He bleeds Scarlet and Gray. Thanks for your help!

Creative Cakery- I'm in Chillicothe, south of Columbus. How about you? Are you going to the Ohio ICES DOS on 4/29 in Columbus?

MelZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelZ Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 2:02am
post #5 of 5

Hey Sally,

I LOVE your avatar! Could it be because I'm from Columbus, OH? LOL

Your cake is beautiful. I would say $80 at a bare minimum & $120 if you think you can get it.

I'm still struggling with the pricing issue, but I'm getting better at asking for the higher price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%