So Excited! Wilton Clearance Sale!

Decorating By barbaranoel Updated 29 Apr 2006 , 12:37pm by stylishbite

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 5:29pm
post #31 of 33

New to decorating and thought about making the trip to this sale. Wondered if it is worth the cost of transportation for the money that is saved. The website reflects 50% off but are some things more. Are these discontinued items, overstock, etc.? I would not be able to make it until the 2nd weekend of sale - Does most of the good stuff go the 1st weekend?

Thanks

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 5:41pm
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xMiMi

New to decorating and thought about making the trip to this sale. Wondered if it is worth the cost of transportation for the money that is saved. The website reflects 50% off but are some things more. Are these discontinued items, overstock, etc.? I would not be able to make it until the 2nd weekend of sale - Does most of the good stuff go the 1st weekend?

Thanks

Alot of the items are about 50% or more off! They do have current items(not brand new items that are comming out now thru June) but items that came out this past year and items that they have carried over the years.
They also have some items that are older and hard to find.
They keep restocking items throughout the length of the sale so you will always find a good deal!!

stylishbite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stylishbite Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 12:37pm
post #33 of 33

I went the last few days last year, as I was attending the Master course then. I got an extra 10% off all items with a ticket from master course, so I got some crazy good deals. If there are any classes, going on then you want to take, would make a nice trip for the weekend. I haven't checked to see if they have any weekend classes going on during the sale. They typically do. The school is only about 2 or 3 miles from the tent sale. Some pretty cheap hotels near also. Go to Wilton site on classes offered it has a list of the near by hotels. I stayed in Marriott in Willowbrook. It was nice. I talked them down in price also. But I stayed for two weeks. Many students stayed @ the Extended stay which I think was only $39 a night. It was a bit futher from school though.
The last week and days of the sale still had alot to offer. Seems like they put new items out everyday. Most of the decorating bags and tips were gone though. Many items for sale were last seasons. Like FYI the last day is like a yard sale. I made some offers for things, different from listed price, and they agreed. Ask some of the many people standing around that are working the sale. They are very helpful.
Empty trunk is GOOD idea! Nice cake stands for 60% But BIG boxes!
I would suggest making a list of things you have! I bought stuff I forgot I had! If your into shaped pans, they sell them for $2 to $5. I bought many kitchen items also. They sold Lazy susans, tongs, spice rack, aprons, trivets, ovenmit, towels, crystal, pots and pans, fountains. My best deals were board wrap and 4 packs of oval and square pans.
I drove there, but flew two suitcases home with me over the weekend since I was there for two weeks, and I still had a car full!! I have a small car with not much trunk though. This year I will drive the van, but will also try not to be a wild woman though!!! I have started on my inventory list for this year! For what I bought I probably saved around $300+!
I really think one day of pace yourself shopping is enough time to get what you want though.
With gas prices so high might be better to find a buddie to share ride with, or 4 to 6 hour drive may not really save much money depending on what you plan to buy.
Have fun shopping all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%