Wedding Cake

Decorating By ntertayneme Updated 27 Apr 2005 , 8:43pm by lori83179

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 8

Hey all!

I have a wedding cake to do for May 28th. This girl wants a stacked 4 tier cake.. no space between the tiers, just stacked on top of each other. I want to try and find some disposable cake plates with the push in type of pillars that are scored where you can cut them off. Does anyone know of a site where these can be purchased? I've seen them before online and I cannot find the website again! HELP!!! Here it is almost the end of April and the clock is ticking down on me .... I need to get these ordered ASAP!!

I've done them with the Wilton plastic dowels that you cut the the length you need, but I thought I'd try the disposable plates and the push in pillars they sell that goes w/the plates. I've seen these before... they are scored at 1/4 inch intervals where you can cut them off to whatever desired height you want them. I just can't find the website again ... arggghhhhhh!!! I thought I'd bookmarked the URL/website, but I didn't icon_cry.gif

Any input anyone can give would be much appreciated!!

7 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 8

Ok, found something for you.... www.sugarcraft.com go into the Wedding-Bridal section, then into the cake stands section, scroll down towards the bottom and it is calle the simple elegance cake stand. I know it is not exactly what you are looking for....but it's a start.

m0use Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 8

Ok, found some more thing(s)
http://www.winbeckler.com/wedding-cake1.asp#Cake%20Stands%20&%20Plates

http://www.cakedeco.com./cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html?p_catid=266&page=1 these look like plastic for both the plates and pillars, but they seem pretty cost effective (cheaper than wilton)

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 8

I can't thank you enough m0use!! That is exactly what I was looking for (the last link you post). It's for a stacked tier construction of wedding cakes and it kinda makes it fool proof as far as it ensures the cake is level and doesn't have any "lean" to it.

Thank you soooooooooo much!!!

m0use Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 8

Glad to be of help thumbs_up.gif

lori83179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori83179 Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 8:33pm
post #6 of 8

So..you just push those pillars down in the cake? WOW!! Never saw anything like that before. I'm new to cake decorating, in my 2nd week of Wilton Course III - I've learned so much!! icon_smile.gif

m0use Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 8:36pm
post #7 of 8

Isn't cake decorating great?
Welcome lori83179 to cake central, you will find it very addicting!

lori83179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lori83179 Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 8:43pm
post #8 of 8

It's alot of fun! I've learned SO much! I already have a request to do a wedding cake and a Graduation cake!!
I was thinking the web site listed above would be great for the wedding cake, instead of fooling around with the dowl rods.

Does anyone happen to know where I could find a wedding cake topper where the groom is dressed as a deer hunter?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%