How Much Would You Charge For This Cake?!

Business By MikeRowesHunny Updated 17 Apr 2007 , 6:01pm by mmgiles

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:42am
post #1 of 10

I just had an enquiry from a lady who wants me to do a cake simliar to the pic attached - it's from the London Cake Company - for her twins 1st birthday. How much would you charge for this cake - it'll be fondant with hand-modelled figures? I have an idea in mind, but I want to know whether I'm in the ball park (if it helps, the original cake price was £75 (about $150). Thanks!
LL

9 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:56am
post #2 of 10

Sorry, I can't help with the price but it's just such a sweet cake!

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:56am
post #3 of 10

gorgeous cake!

if this is any help, its a link to an Australian site called FANTASY CAKES and they do alot of these sort of cake's. your price sound about right!

http://www.fantasycakes.com.au/store1/shopexd.asp?id=511

HTH

cheers

kylie

momthreekiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momthreekiddos Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:57am
post #4 of 10

I'd figure it this way.....

Decide what you would charge for the cake only (with the writing, grass border, and the couple flowers). Then, decide what you want to charge PER hand-rolled figures (which are totally ADORABLE, by the way). This would give you your price.

I think that you are in the right "ball-park" with $150!

Happy Baking!

jguilbeau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jguilbeau Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_as_tisse

gorgeous cake!

if this is any help, its a link to an Australian site called FANTASY CAKES and they do alot of these sort of cake's. your price sound about right!

http://www.fantasycakes.com.au/store1/shopexd.asp?id=511

HTH

cheers

kylie

Wow, the cakes on this site are awesome. Thanks for sharing this site with us.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks for your responses! All the prices you've said (in AUD, GBP, USD etc), work out to about 115 euros, which is what I was thinking. The cake may only serve around 25-30, but it is a lot of work! I didn't quote a price in my initial response, but I did ask her what her maximum budget would be! We'll see what she says and whether she can afford this cake, or if she's thinking champagne on a beer budget lol!

olubukola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
olubukola Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 12:37pm
post #7 of 10

its a wonderfull cake to behold its lovely but since am in nigeria i will like to give my price in nigeria currency.if i am making that kind of cake i will bill my customer #25,000 around $150 icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 10

olubukola, welcome! I just love our "one world" community here. Just think what life would be like if everbody had the same attitude as those of us on CC

MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 1:00pm
post #9 of 10

OK, well she got back to me. She only wants to spend a maximum of 100 euros including the delivery (which is going to be 10 euros for where she lives), so I'm off to trawl the galleries for options that are 90 euros or less! Thanks for all your help anyway icon_smile.gif!

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 6:01pm
post #10 of 10

could you find non-edible figurines and get the same cake for the price she wants to pay?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%