Petit Fours Icing?

Decorating By TJSCAKES Updated 14 Apr 2006 , 1:18pm by cats28

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 12:33am
post #1 of 4

WHAT DO YOU USE TO COVER YOUR PETIT FOURS? i JUST MADE SOME WITH WILTON'S GANACHE GLAZE AND I DIDN'T CARE FOR THE TASTE. ALSO,I HAD BOUGHTEN LAVENDER CANDY MELTS TO MAKE IT AND WHEN I MELTED THEM, THE GLAZE TURNED A GRAPE COLOR...NOT VERY PASTEL FOR EASTER....BUT IT DID COVER IN ONE COAT THOUGH.....DOES ANYONE HAVE A RECIPE TO SHARE? I STILL NEED TO MAKE A COUPLE MORE DOZEN MINI EASTER EGGS AND I WANNA TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

3 replies
Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 12:36am
post #2 of 4

You can use the quick poured fondant, I think that is the traditional covering. However I just recently covered some in MMF and was really happy with the results. It took a little longer, but definitely not as much to clean up after. If you would like the quick poured fondant recipe shoot me a PM and I would be happy to send it to you.

You can check both covering out in my pics. The easter petit fours are covered in MMF all the others are done with the poured fondant.

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 12:53am
post #3 of 4

euphoria bakery,

Love your petit fours and your cakes too! The MMF ones are so cute, I bet they took forever! I don't have the patience for those but I would love to try your poured fandant recipe if you don't mind sharing! You can PM me!

Thanks,
~luraleigh~

cats28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cats28 Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 4

Does anyone has the recipe for pour fondant. I looked in cakecentral and didn't find it. icon_confused.gif
Thanks and have a great day.
cats28

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%