What Can You Doo-Ooo With A Wondermold?

Decorating By ASupergirl Updated 14 Apr 2006 , 1:36pm by lainee

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 12

I know corny forum topic. For some reason I have the Klondike bar tune in my head. I just bought a wondermold pan at wally world (wal-mart). It was being clearanced out. Along with most of their stuff since we are getting a new SUPER WAL-MART!!! in town. Yes, I bought a book too. Anyways....I'm curious- What can you or have you done with a wondermold (regular size) besides the same old doll cake or beehive??? Anybody use it for fun Easter ideas???

11 replies
CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 12

You can turn it upside down, slice off some of the bottom to level it, then basketweave it. You can put any decoration on top such as flowers, chocolates, easter eggs, etc that you would normally put in a basket. I just bought one myself but haven't gotten the chance to use it yet.

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 12

You can make a volcano or just a hill for ''over the hill''. Of course you can do a 'naughty' cake too when you make 2 of them!!
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Have fun, I'm sure there are many more things to be made from this mold.

DeniseRoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseRoy Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 12

I used mine to make a viking helmet. The picture is in my photos. Sorry I don't have any ideas for Easter.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 12

sorry, for easter why not make a grassy hill. If you have fondant you can make ting easter eggs and hide them. for the top have the easter bunny sitting on top or popping his head out from the top of the hill. You can also make a sign to say "happy easter" or " easter egg hunt - today"

ASupergirl Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 12

I just had a ...Duh Kelly....I'm a moron....moment. I didn't even think to look up the actual Wilton website...the people who make the stinkin' pan.... ha ha ha....hopefully I won't have to many more duh moments today...I think my quota should be done at one. I've got too much to do today. The family is coming home from South Carolina and my brother-in-law is coming home on miliatry leave!!!....and guess what folks...I get out of house and seven pets sitting finally!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

ASupergirl Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 2:00am
post #8 of 12

bump....any other cool ideas??? and just in case anyone was keeping up...half of the family is home...and I'm done house and pet sitting..wahooo..I'm sleeping in for sure tomorrow!!!

rach1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 12:07pm
post #9 of 12

I also use it for hills ......like my cows sliding down the hill.....in my photos...

Great for that....

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 12:10pm
post #10 of 12

I used mine to make a chocolate dipped strawberry. It's in my photos. Sliced a little of the side so it wouldn't roll off the board. That would have been funny!!! Well, now, it would have been.

DeniseRoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseRoy Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 1:27pm
post #11 of 12

Mac I really love your strawberry cake it is so cute. I also love your chili peppers cake my kitchen is red with chili peppers everywhere. All of your other cakes are great also you are very talented.

lainee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainee Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 1:36pm
post #12 of 12

Mac that strawberry cake idea was very creative, and it looks fabulous!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%