My Course 2 Final Cake

Decorating By momof3jotynjake Updated 27 Apr 2005 , 4:59pm by Loucinda

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 4:38am
post #1 of 17

Here is pic of my course 2 final cake. It came out Ok.. im not too thrilled with it...
My BC had a lot of air bubbles in it... do you think its from mixing it too long??

16 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 4:45am
post #2 of 17

whats wrong with it....hun that is a beautiful cake....colors everything in that picture to me is great.

momof3jotynjake Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 4:54am
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

whats wrong with it....hun that is a beautiful cake....colors everything in that picture to me is great.

Really? aww thanks Flay.. I just dont seem to happy about this one. I think when im at home.. working with no time limits or pressure, i tend to do better. Those roses were hard,,, workign with the air in it. Thanks for that link. i posted my question there, I couldnt find anything on air bubbles. thank you so very much!! icon_smile.gif

elin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elin Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 6:55am
post #4 of 17

Its a very nice cake. You should be proud of your self.
The airbubbles can come if you mixing in high speed for a long time. In that way you get an airy and fluffy bc.
I would use down speed to get no bubbles.

Anyway it does not show on th pc. Great work.

AngelWendy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelWendy Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 17

Umm.. no picture is attached here..
????

~AngelWendy

momof3jotynjake Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWendy

Umm.. no picture is attached here..
????

~AngelWendy

hi angel, its under my Photos button, in the gallery..
thanks!

AngelWendy Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 17

Ok, I found it.. with the blue-lavendar rose bouquet, right? Umm. that's what we had to do for our Course I finale cake in my Wilton Classes. Course II was an oval cake with royal icing flowers and basketweave sides and colorflow birds or butterflies. Did you mean to say Course I or is this from your Course II?? I'm just confused and curious now.

Blessings,
~AngelWendy

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 2:05pm
post #8 of 17

Our course II was the basketweave too. Maybe different sections of the country are doing different cakes for the courses? I really like the color of your roses!

momof3jotynjake Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 2:29pm
post #9 of 17

OOPSIE!! icon_redface.gif

I MEAN.. Course 1 icon_biggrin.gif

thanks!!

AngelWendy Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 2:32pm
post #10 of 17

AHA!! icon_smile.gif Gotcha! You're just getting ahead of yourself a little bit. Are you planning to take Course II?

Angel Wendy

momof3jotynjake Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 2:45pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWendy

AHA!! icon_smile.gif Gotcha! You're just getting ahead of yourself a little bit. Are you planning to take Course II?

Angel Wendy

ha ha!! icon_lol.gif
Yes, i am already signed up for course 2 icon_smile.gif!!

how was it?

Loucinda Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 3:36pm
post #12 of 17

I loved it. You learn a lot of flowers in II. I have enjoyed all of the classes, and learned a lot from them. My final cake for Course II is in my sig. I am taking the last class of Course III tomorrow night - drawing out what I want to do, our instructor lets us have free-reign as to what cakes we want to do. I am a little nervous - never done a tier/stacked cake before. (I have a lady who is buying it sight unseen too!)

momof3jotynjake Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 4:03pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcrew

I loved it. You learn a lot of flowers in II. I have enjoyed all of the classes, and learned a lot from them. My final cake for Course II is in my sig. I am taking the last class of Course III tomorrow night - drawing out what I want to do, our instructor lets us have free-reign as to what cakes we want to do. I am a little nervous - never done a tier/stacked cake before. (I have a lady who is buying it sight unseen too!)

WOW QUAD! THAT CAME OUT GREAT! IS IT HARD TO REMEMBER HOW OT MAKE ALL THE DIFERENT FLOWERS?

ARE YOU USING WILTON BC ON YOUR CAKES?

Loucinda Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 4:15pm
post #14 of 17

All of the flowers are in the booklet that you get to keep. (which is really nice) I think the hardest thing for me to get was the consistency of the icings - make sure you take extra powdered sugar with you to class incase you need to stiffen it up.

The cakes that have buttercream icing on them I used the wilton class recipe. There were several in our class that didn't like the "taste" of the class icing, so they made and used their own - well they had a really hard time getting the flowers to come out right. I was the only one in class that brought the correct icicng, and I seemed to have an easier time making them.

The cornelli lace and and coffee cup cakes are fondant.

Thank you for the nice comments on the cakes - I am really enjoying this hobby!

momof3jotynjake Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 4:51pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcrew

All of the flowers are in the booklet that you get to keep. (which is really nice) I think the hardest thing for me to get was the consistency of the icings - make sure you take extra powdered sugar with you to class incase you need to stiffen it up.

The cakes that have buttercream icing on them I used the wilton class recipe. There were several in our class that didn't like the "taste" of the class icing, so they made and used their own - well they had a really hard time getting the flowers to come out right. I was the only one in class that brought the correct icicng, and I seemed to have an easier time making them.

The cornelli lace and and coffee cup cakes are fondant.

Thank you for the nice comments on the cakes - I am really enjoying this hobby!

do you get to bring a cake to every class for course 2?

I think i will ice my cake with Dawns BC, which i think taste a whole lot better and then do wiltons BC stiff icing for the flowers... do you think that is a good idea??
I am really enjoying this hobby too
I just got an order for a communion cake for may 14... im really excited, but not sure what to do.. lol..

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 4:55pm
post #16 of 17

Your cake is beautiful. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Loucinda Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 4:59pm
post #17 of 17

No - for Course II you only bring a cake the last class. The other 3 are using the different icings to make all the flowers. You take the flowers home to dry and then take all of them back with you for the last class to make the basketweave cake. You will take the different icings with you to each class though - and it is a good idea to have a couple of each of the tips you'll use too.

I really don't know about the icings - our instructor told us it was important to use the correct icing. Like I said above, I was the only one who brought the right icing( class recipes) and I was the only one who didn't have problems making the different flowers. Now, if you have experience with them, I would say do what ever you want to, but I didn't so I followed the instructions from Tasha to the letter!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%