Have You Ever Used This Cake Stand

Decorating By CJBabycakes Updated 14 Apr 2006 , 11:03pm by marccrand

CJBabycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CJBabycakes Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 2:05am
post #1 of 4

I have my first order for a cupcake wedding cake and I am looking for a stand. I found this one from Wilton. I've seen pictures where people used this stand for cupcakes but have any of you used this for a cake? How does it work? Is the column in the middle adjustable; will there be space between the layers of cake? I don't know how often I will use something like this so I'm not sure if it is worth the money right now.

Any info you could give me would be helpful.
LL

3 replies
cakesoncall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesoncall Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 2:13am
post #2 of 4

I have this stand but have never used it. I found it at a great price on eBay and just couldn't resist. icon_rolleyes.gif The center columns are not adjustable, and you'll have some room between cake tiers. I don't remember off the top of my head how tall the columns are, but I want to say they're like 6 inches. The good thing about this stand is it's fairly versatile--you don't have to use all the layers if you don't need them.

HTH icon_biggrin.gif

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:07am
post #3 of 4

I used mine as a cupcake stand

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 4

You've probably already finished the cake you originally inquiring about, but for future reference my mother used this cake stand for probably 30 years and I couldn't even begin to count how many cakes (ah . . .the memories). Cutting out the center of the cake for the column can be a pain and it can look kind of dated depending on the cake decorations so I think it's great that it can be used for cupcakes as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%