Ugh! Biodiesel, Videography, Tools?

Decorating By oceanspitfire Updated 15 Apr 2007 , 7:25am by suzmazza

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:19am
post #1 of 7

Some really good friends of mine have allowed me the pleasure of using them as guinea pigs to expand my portfolio:
Dilemna: His birthday is this weekend and I thought no problem, the whole family is on overload with talents and interests. Maybe that makes it harder lol

He's in his 50s (but very young at heart), they homeschool their kids, heavily environmentally active; he's an architecht/builder ('healthy' homes/structures), the two of them shoot videos professionally-documentaries, he has a great sense of humour so I'm thinkin something that's a bit funny. First suggestion from my sis was a composting toilet, but I looked at pics of those and they're rather ugly lol. I'd rather stay away from a 'simple' toolbox idea unless I can work the idea in with the enviro and videography stuff lol.
I'm trying to see how I can work biodegradable or something in there, there's just so much stuff to draw from my brain is on overload how to combine it all icon_eek.gif
HELP! ---please (I know i know it's a tall order lol)

6 replies
doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:25am
post #2 of 7

I would take one of his fav's and work that into a cake. Doing all or most would make the cake too busy. Unless you are doing a muliti tiered cake.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:25am
post #3 of 7

what kind of cake?

if sheet: poster for their next movie -- the recyclable house

if 3D -- could make a house w/ a recycle symbol on it -- of course house is green. it could be off to one side of the board. Fondant figures of director and camera person, on-camera spokesperson, and a camera making a film. the could build in all kinds of jokes.... such as:
moose eating a corner of the house
bird flying off w/ some part of house or building a nest in it.
etc. (sort of a grown up version of Hansel and Gretel's gingerbread house)

amodeoandrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amodeoandrea Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:29am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

what kind of cake?

if sheet: poster for their next movie -- the recyclable house

if 3D -- could make a house w/ a recycle symbol on it -- of course house is green. it could be off to one side of the board. Fondant figures of director and camera person, on-camera spokesperson, and a camera making a film. the could build in all kinds of jokes.... such as:
moose eating a corner of the house
bird flying off w/ some part of house or building a nest in it.
etc. (sort of a grown up version of Hansel and Gretel's gingerbread house)

Wow Doug you have quite the imagination. That's great!

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 7

If they have a good sense of humor you could do a tree stump with hands around it.....tree hugger

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:23pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antylucifer

If they have a good sense of humor you could do a tree stump with hands around it.....tree hugger

LOL!!! that is so funny -- and a great idea!!!!

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 7:25am
post #7 of 7

Ok, first of all I have to say, Antylucifer is a hysterical name to have!!!! hahaha everytime I see one of your posts I crack up at the name. And Doug...that imagination of yours, wild, and amazing!!
How bout a little campsite with tree hugging friends, and another family stuffed into their tiny Toyota Prius?! Ohhh ya, and Dougs house-eating moose. LOL you guys crack me up!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%