Cake Supply Store In Md?

Decorating By emilykakes Updated 14 Apr 2006 , 4:03pm by Florimbio

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 15

I have been searching on line all day and can't seem to find anything in the area. Does anyone know of anything in Maryland or Virginia?

14 replies
stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 15

What part of MD are you from?

emilykakes Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 15

I live in the Frederick area. Do you know of anything within an hour of me?

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 1:40am
post #4 of 15

I live about 45 minutes from Frederick. Someone had told me there is a cake supply/baking supply store in Towson, but I haven't been able to find any information on it. I have been searching the internet too for a place in Maryland or South Central Pennsylvania, but haven't come with anything yet.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 1:49am
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilykakes

I have been searching on line all day and can't seem to find anything in the area. Does anyone know of anything in Maryland or Virginia?

There is one that I know of in Bel Air MD (behind Harford Mall), I don't know the name of it but I bet "thecakemaker" does and there is one in Perry Hall MD, I think it's called Cake Cottage. There is a terrific one in Waldorf MD.

In VA there is one in Fredericksburg called Simply Sweet.

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 11:33am
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilykakes

There is one that I know of in Bel Air MD (behind Harford Mall), I don't know the name of it but I bet "thecakemaker" does and there is one in Perry Hall MD, I think it's called Cake Cottage. There is a terrific one in Waldorf MD.

In VA there is one in Fredericksburg called Simply Sweet.

The first one MrsMissey is talking about is called Stephanie's Sweets. I haven't been there myself but I've called her about things. She's had everything I've called about for decent price (just wasn't on my way). Cake Cottage is correct for the one in Perry Hall, MD. There is also one in Dundalk, MD called Cake and Candy Connection. I generally hit the one in Perry Hall but now that I'm moving to Harford County I'll be going to Stephanie's Sweets more often probably.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 11:45am
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot_Contessa

I generally hit the one in Perry Hall but now that I'm moving to Harford County I'll be going to Stephanie's Sweets more often probably.

...awh, you are lucky! We moved from Abingdon (Harford Co) to VA. Virginia is great but you know there is no place like home!! icon_wink.gif

bakemeacakemd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacakemd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:04pm
post #8 of 15

There is Cakes Plus in Laurel and Kake Kraft Korner in Glen Burnie.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:07pm
post #9 of 15

There is also one in Wheaton, MD called The Little Bits Shop. Their number is 301-933-2733.

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:14pm
post #10 of 15

Cakes Plus in Laurel is great. I used to live 5 minutes from there and have forked over lots of money to them! It is a small store but packed with everything you would need. If you ever drive I295, it is not far off the highway. Cake Cottage is also good and not far from I95. They have a lot of wedding things in addition to cake supplies. Now that I have moved, I only get to those stores when visiting family icon_sad.gif I think they both have internet sites, but not positive.

emilykakes Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 1:05pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks!!!

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 1:12pm
post #12 of 15

There are two in Winchester Va, about 45 min from Frederick, I used to live in Frederick. Also there is one Cindy Sweets in Williamsposrt, off of 81 kinda by Hagerstown MD

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:29pm
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot_Contessa

I generally hit the one in Perry Hall but now that I'm moving to Harford County I'll be going to Stephanie's Sweets more often probably.

...awh, you are lucky! We moved from Abingdon (Harford Co) to VA. Virginia is great but you know there is no place like home!! icon_wink.gif

We're moving to Jarrettsville from Middle River. It is quite a haul but we got a good deal on a nice log home on 2 acres!!!!

pumpkin823 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkin823 Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:37pm
post #14 of 15

Hi,

There are a lot of cake stores in Maryland:

Kake Krat Korner - Glen Burnie, MD
Cakes Plus - Laurel, MD
Annapolis Cake and Candy - Annapolis, MD
Cakes n Things - Waldorf, MD
JP Kake Korner - Laurel, MD
Cake Cottage - Baltimore, MD
Cake Connection - Baltimore, MD
Frans Cake and Candy - Fairfax, VA
Beryls Cake Decorating - Springfield, VA
ABC Sugarart - Online (located in VA)

I hope this helps!

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 4:03pm
post #15 of 15

the Little Bits Shop is realy great! I love that store and the people are so nice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%