Cake Web Site

Decorating By linda9588 Updated 13 Apr 2007 , 3:22pm by suzylynn58

linda9588 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda9588 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 13

can anybody please tell me how can i make make a web site for all my cakes i sell maybe 4 to 5 cakes a month but i think if i had a web site people can see all my cakes and mybe i can sell more of them people only see my cakes when i take them to my kids school and they ask were can they see all my cakes i have to many cakes to take pictures of them so can anybody help thanks

12 replies
Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 13
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 13

http://members.freewebs.com/

go here and design your own...it's free and REALLY simple!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 13

What is the risk if not licensed? I am afraid to have a website since I don't have a license to do cakes?

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 10:51pm
post #5 of 13

Khalstead:

I am trying to do my own web site on the site that you posted and I am having a hard time. Maybe it's just me but I heard that it was really simple to do.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 12:29pm
post #6 of 13

i got a freewebs site. I thought it was pretty easy and I am not very good with the computer. It took a little while for me to figure it out though. But it was definitely easier than some of the other free sites I had tried.

Marthajo: What I do, since I am not a real business, is just not to advertise prices or anything. I figure it is just a place to display my pictures for people who want to see my cakes.

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

What is the risk if not licensed? I am afraid to have a website since I don't have a license to do cakes?

I made a freewebs website and I just wrote that I created this website to share pics of my cakes with family & friends... didn't write anything about selling cakes. I had my email address for contact info but that's it. I don't sell a lot, just made a few here & there for friends of friends, etc... If anyone asks me about my cakes I give them my website but I don't actually claim to be a professional cake decorator. I think the freewebs site is easy to use.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:57pm
post #8 of 13

I just went and started making one. I called it "A Friend Who Makes Cakes" icon_lol.gif Then if someone asks me to make a cake and someone wants to know who made it they can tell them.... a friend who makes cakes made it ! LAM - laughing at myself....or add an E and make me lame! icon_lol.gif

Maybe I should go back to bed!

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 3:08pm
post #9 of 13

I have done the same thing...just create a website to display my cakes. I do not post ordering details. I have found that people that order do circulate my website to co-workers, friends and family. I use MSN. Go to MSN home page and click "groups". I'd suggest to click "private use", as opposed to "public use". Public use means it will show up in a search engine. Private means people can only look if you (or someone else) sends them the address (link). This might be a nice piece of mind if you are worried about being non-licensed. Also, when creating, be sure to indicate that people can look "without your permission", otherwise, you would have to give access to every person who wants to browse. That would turn off perspective customers. All of these questions are pop-ups when you create the page. I'll see if I can dig up my old instructions for creating the website. good luck
Pam

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 3:08pm
post #10 of 13

I just made one too. It was pretty simple. I love it that you can have one, without getting in trouble, since nothing about orders or prices is included.I feel like a big time cake decorator now with my one site. icon_cool.gif

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 3:18pm
post #11 of 13

cool ideas!

abeverley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeverley Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 3:20pm
post #12 of 13

I found that www.bravehost.com is very easy to work with. They have a free service and an upgraded service.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 3:22pm
post #13 of 13

I think I'll try one too. I used to have one several years ago when we did gift baskets. Maybe I can stumble through it again.

Susan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%