Cupcaketree Set Up...

Business By marmar Updated 12 Apr 2006 , 8:04pm by ncdessertdiva

marmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmar Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 2

Can someone please give me some ideas about set-up and costs for wedding cupcaketree?

I'd like ot give cupcakes to the customer, get a deposit on the cupcake stand and let them deal with the set-up themselves but...

I've been asked to set it up at the reception hall. Do I charge by the hour? Distance travelled? ???

I've heard that it can cost $75-$100 per hour to decorate the church for a wedding ceremony (ribbons on pews, flowers set out, - nothing overly fancy). IS THIS TRUE? What do any of you charge, if anything, to set up the cake/cupcakes? Is the baker expected to take responsibility of the product until it's properly displayed?

I don't really want the responsibility of transporting cupcakes, waiting at reception hall, set up, driving back - it could take several hours. However, what if they don't set it up properly and it all doesn't look right and future customers might assume I did it and that I didn't do a good job, won't buy from me, etc. etc.
Any advice??
Thank you

1 reply
ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 2

Your responsibility begins and ends with the cake unless your business is decorating the hall, church, etc. You will be expected to set-up the cupcakes on the designated table, have someone to sign for it, that it was received in good order, take a picture to add to your portfolio, and make sure everything is perfect before you leave. All of the above is unless you have contracted with the Bride to be there for the cake cutting, etc. then you will need to negotiate your time and expense for staying (this is based on what your market will bear). All of the details of the day of wedding should be worked out when the contract is signed. Yes, you should charge for distance traveled, the set-up costs (if any) should be included in the price of the cake. Most decorators do not want the Caterer or others setting up their cakes because of the time and energy put into them as well as their reputation is on-the-line. The items mentioned above are things for you to consider and a lot depends on how its done in your part of the country.
Leslie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%