Collette Peter's "cake Sculpting" Class..question.

Decorating By cindww Updated 12 Apr 2006 , 1:04pm by cindww

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 11:30am
post #1 of 9

Hi all,
My husband surprised me with this class for my birthday! It is in New Jersey in June. My question is this: I am relatively new to cake decorating and don't want to look like a complete idiot in front of Collette. Is there anyone who has taken this class and can tell me what basic skills I should concentrate on brushing up on for this class? It is builded as a beginners class. I have completed Wilton Course 1 and 2. I made my first fondant cake on Sunday and am going to work on that..
Also, anyone else taking the course? Love to meet some new people!
Thanks,
Cindy

8 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 9

If you knew everything already...you wouldn't need a class! Don't stress. If it is advertised for beginners, then that's what she will expect you to be.

Here is the internet ad:
The purpose of this workshop is to design and create a faux cake in styrofoam, using all edible cake-decorating materials to decorate. Students will be guided on how to carve a cake, paint the fondant icing and many other tricks of the cake trade. Various techniques will be demonstrated throughout the class, along with practical tips on making real cakes. Students should have a little knowledge of cake decorating. Beginner Level

I'm so jealous! I hope you have a lot of fun.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 9

Havent taken the class, but I am so jealous! I am sure you will learn a lot and have a blast!!!!

cindww Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:28pm
post #4 of 9

Wish I could take you all with me!

I am totally starstruck at taking a class with Collette Peters. Does that make me a major geek or what?

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:34pm
post #5 of 9

Nope your not a geek - I would LOVE to go too!!!! I am way jealous!! Collette is my all time Favorite!!!! Go - enjoy - take notes icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 9

OMG I wish I could go soooooooo bad...but it's like 500 bucks isn't it???? for the total cost of everything??? man I wish I had that to spare......what I wouldn't give to go to one of her classes! I'm totally star struck just knowing she's gonna be in the same state as me.......LOL does that make me a geek??? yeah i know! lOL So awesome though...you'll have to be sure and report back how the class was!

CCCTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCCTina Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:37pm
post #7 of 9

Do you have an internet link for this class? I would love to take one of her classes!
Tina

tootsa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootsa Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:40pm
post #8 of 9

How wonderful for you!!

You said the class is in NJ...where?

cindww Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 1:04pm
post #9 of 9

The class is being held at Peters Valley Craft Education Center in Layton, NJ. I live in northern NJ and have never heard of Layton.
You can find a description of the course here:
http://www.pvcrafts.org/2006%20Workshops/sptopics_2006_workshop_sche.htm

It is expensive, but its for my birthday so I let my husband go crazy. It is far enough from where I live that I opted to stay on campus in a private room and get a meal plan.
I am so excited!!

I wish you were all coming, too!
Cindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%