Cream Cheese Icing - Help

Decorating By chuelchie Updated 12 Apr 2006 , 10:48am by gilson6

chuelchie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chuelchie Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 5:47am
post #1 of 6

i need to make cream cheese icing for cup cakes and am not sure whether to use the one on the recipes as it has vegetable shortening, butter etc - I thought it was just cream cheese and icing sugar?

If i was to make this icing recipe how long can I keep it in advance. THe function is on sunday and was going to ice the cupcakes on Saturday.

Also does anyone have this converted into metric measurements?

HELP icon_cry.gif

5 replies
Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 5:54am
post #2 of 6

Oh bugger, I had a site saved for conversions, too....try this chuelchie: http://www.baking911.com/howto/measure_metric.htm

If you use one with butter, it should be refrigerated but if you use just shortening, it may crust but you can leave it out. Not much help, sorry!

chuelchie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chuelchie Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 6:09am
post #3 of 6

thanks - also do you know how much it makes?

I need to cover approx 75 cupcakes (muffin size)

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 6:41am
post #4 of 6

whEN YOU OPEN THAT SITE IT HAS A CONVERSION CALCULATOR... FOR YOU SO SHOULD BE EASY TO PUNCH IN...

tortica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tortica Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 7:24am
post #5 of 6

also if you type in google it can transform units: for instance ...in in cm or ...lb in g and press enter

As for the cream cheese filling I make it with cream cheese, whipped cream, icing sugar and a bit of lemon juice (no butter or shortening). It works nicely but I usualy put everything in the fridge cause I like it hot in the appartment.

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 10:48am
post #6 of 6

Do a search on this forum for crusting cream cheese icing. I remember asking this same question. The recipe given (can't remember who by) was very good and made quite a bit. I used it on my cake in my gallery with Jerry written on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%