Bride Requesting A Russian Style Whipped Cream Cake???

Decorating By kathik Updated 12 Apr 2007 , 3:17am by mendhigurl

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 11:20pm
post #1 of 4

I have been contacted by a bride looking for a wedding cake for August in North Carolina. Her fiance lived in Russia for a while and would like a "whipped cream cake" if possible. I told her that whipped cream would not be feasible for an outdoor reception in August in North Carolina. Then she asked me if I was familiar with this "Russian whipped cream cake" and if so, is it the same as an American cake. I said I would check into it, so here I am asking my wonderful CC buddies!

So, anyone familiar with this cake???

Thanks,
Kathi

3 replies
cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 4

hmmm, i would definitely do some research on that one. I am calling my dad tonight and i will ask him to ask Olja (my brothers ex, but still very close to the family)... she was raised in Syberia and loves to cook. She may have an answer!

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:25am
post #3 of 4

Thanks Alaskanmom. It seems it might be a Cream cake that uses whipping cream. That's all I'm finding on the net, anyway. I look forward to any help you can offer!

Kathi

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:17am
post #4 of 4

Maybe you can ask the fiance for more of a detailed description? I found the following on a website that sells ready made cakes...

Russian cream cake - Traditional cake filled with russian cream, rummy raisins, decorated with coctail cherries and whipped cream.

Here's what I found for russian cream:
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/dessPR/dess187.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%