Ok, It Happened!!!

Decorating By Tawana Updated 18 Apr 2007 , 6:29am by bakerj

Tawana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tawana Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 11:10pm
post #1 of 27

When I first joined Cake Central I noticed the little Warning sign in the top left corner of the site. I clicked it, read the poem and I thought "How cute, but that could never happen to me. I am way to busy!"

Well, I am here to confess that I am now a CC addict. I don't post much because I'm a newbie at decorating, icon_biggrin.gif but I read alot!!!!!!! And now that poem describes me, especially after being asked to do cakes for a baby shower, two bridal showers, and a grooms cake!

Thank you CC Addicts for all your helpful information.

By the way, is there a such a thing as Cake Decorating Disorder Syndrome? I think I may have it. icon_eek.gif

Happy Decorating!

26 replies
rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 11:22pm
post #2 of 27

pretty sure there's a disorder. And pretty darn sure we all have it!

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 1:56am
post #3 of 27

Welcome to the cc addicts club. LOL!!!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:07am
post #4 of 27

icon_lol.gif Welcome to cake central thumbs_up.gif

I have Cake Decorating Disorder Syndrome disorder too icon_rolleyes.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:08am
post #5 of 27

I'm sure I have that disorder also. It's time for me to go to bed, and I have to check once more before I turn off the computer!

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:08am
post #6 of 27

we all think it wont happen to us, and then before you even realize its happening.....

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:16am
post #7 of 27

My husband say's he's going to send me to the "Betty Crocker" Clinic for my addiction. icon_twisted.gif

sarahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahd Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:17am
post #8 of 27

Hello, my name is Sarah and I am an addict. icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Welcome to CC.

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:20am
post #9 of 27

lol...you all are to funny...
I have to confess I am an cc addict also.

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:21am
post #10 of 27

At least we're not alone!!! Welcome to CC and yes, I'm an addict also!! icon_biggrin.gif
Carrie

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:28am
post #11 of 27

I definitely have it too!

I had never clicked on that warning sign before - that was a great poem!!! I am glad you mentioned it.

carols50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carols50 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:31am
post #12 of 27

Me too!! I am a CC addict too! I don't post much but I read them all, at home and at work I keep CC minimized all day and go on to check when I get a break - I'm hooked!!

youngestdecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngestdecorator Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:39am
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Quote:

Carols50 wrote:I keep CC minimized all day and go on to check when I get a break -

I TOTALLY do that, it's minimized all day on my computer. Lol I'm making those darn borders on my toothbrush. icon_confused.gif MY NAME IS JUSTIN AND I'M A CC ADDICT!!!!! icon_razz.gif Welcome by the way! icon_lol.gif

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:45am
post #14 of 27

I was told once that admitting the problem is the first step in a cure. Well I don't want to be cured. I am a CC addict. icon_eek.gif icon_surprised.gif

newcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakemaker Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:48am
post #15 of 27

Welcome to the official 'addict' group Tawana!

It doesn't take long does it?

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:20am
post #16 of 27

I am a CC addict, too. As I've said before, my DH always asks if I'm on "Crack Central" when he sees me on the computer.

mom2seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2seven Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 1:45pm
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by doescakestoo

I was told once that admitting the problem is the first step in a cure. Well I don't want to be cured. I am a CC addict. icon_eek.gif icon_surprised.gif

LOL, I don't want to be cured either, I like this addiction, LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 4:41pm
post #18 of 27

I too am a CC addict!! icon_biggrin.gif I now just ignore my husband as he rolls his eyes when I head to the computer and say "I just need to check something a second, hon!" icon_biggrin.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

lilytexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilytexas Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 5:51pm
post #19 of 27

I guess I am addicted too, last week my computer broke so I went to fix, they told me that it going to take more than a week to fix it and I was shock! so I took a deep breath, and I told my husband lets go to best buy and guess what? I bought a lap top, and the first thing I did was I installed the internet and opened cakecentral web site just to make sure the internet was working properly .lol
when they fix the old computer I am going to give it to my daugther.

lovincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovincake Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 6:03am
post #20 of 27

Ok, if yall can admit it so bravely so can I! I found this site by accident a couple of weeks into my first Wilton course and i know i have not missed a day getting on here since, and i graduated this week! I babysit my great newphew 5 days a week and am usually frothing at the mouth for his mother to get here and pick him up at 5 so i can get on... he's one, so i can't get on the computer when he's here..... and i live in fear that something will happen to my computer!!! so there, my deepest secret is out...and i feel GREAT!!!

MamaBerry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaBerry Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 6:15am
post #21 of 27

I'm on here a lot and always refreshing every few minutes.

Imagine a black woman glued to her moniter and hoping that someone writes if they sneezed or hiccup and how that inspired them to create a cake because in that flash they saw the perfect cake. icon_eek.gif

Yeah, I've been up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 8:44am
post #22 of 27

You know you are a CC addict when you wake up in the middle of the night because you have to go to the bathroom..and instead of going back to bed for the 2 more hours you log on and stay on till you were supposed to get up in the first place icon_biggrin.gif

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:01am
post #23 of 27

Well my dear friends, I am so happy to be addicted to CC. It must be the only addiction that doesn't hurt you. It is a good place to be, I think we are so fortunate to have such a great family.

belindajax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
belindajax Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 9:31am
post #24 of 27

I too am an addict. I believed this only happened to other people and not to me but I was wrong. I think its an incurable addiction. Yay!!

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 10:05am
post #25 of 27

As a addict I never bothered to click the warning sign, to many other things to do. But I just did and that is a very cute poem. Thanks to all the cc members for being so helpful and creative, to make this site so addicting.

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 5:19am
post #26 of 27

Hahaha, how naiive we all were. I thought the same thing as well, how much can I look and talk about cake per day. Well....way too much. My fiance said that ever since I started decorating alot, and posting here on CC, he never sees me. Maybe I do have a problem. lol Sarah, I'm right there with you.....My name is Susan and I have a problem....

bakerj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerj Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:29am
post #27 of 27

icon_biggrin.gif ok i am an addict...lost 5 lbs cause i forget to eat and the rest of the time i spend reading all these funny blogs, links, whatever? i love this sit
it keeps my day going and well now my nights..lol...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%