Icing Flavor Selection

Decorating By BlueLamp1 Updated 26 Apr 2005 , 8:09pm by BlueLamp1

BlueLamp1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueLamp1 Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 4:44am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,
I discovered this site a few months ago when i was taking my wilton courses a few months back, and from that moment on, i was hooked! I finished up all 3 courses and have made a few cakes here and there but I do have a few questions and hopefully someone will be able to help me out. When it comes to selecting the icicng flavor how does one choose it? For example, if i was going to make a white cake with maybe coconut milk mixed in there, can i add coconut milk to my buttercream icicng as well, or is that just coconut overkill? AND, if i dont add the coconut milk to the icicng, what do i add to compliment my cake? I have a ton more questions to ask but all in due time (aka im too sleepy to type anymore).

Mnay thanks in advance,
Bluelamp1

icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:05am
post #2 of 3

of course you can but of course you would only want a small amount in there coconut would be overkill if you use too much... also remember coconut milk is thick thick thick...honey is thinner!! So I would mix coconut milk with a little regular.

BlueLamp1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueLamp1 Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for responding! Well i decided to experiment a little and added 1/2c milk and 1/2c coconut milk to my white cake mix ( it called for 1 cup so what the heck!) Its baking right now, so we'll see. How much honey would you use ? a whole cup? Let me know, THANKS!

Sincerly,
Bluelamp1 icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%