Buzz Lightyear And Woody Cake

Decorating By rach1 Updated 11 Apr 2006 , 7:12am by rach1

rach1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 7

Hi

I have been asked to do a buzz and woody cake but I dont want to do a flat cake..

My problem is I have to keep within a budget and wot I quote before was too expensive.

I was going to do a half moon with a modelled buzz on it but too expensive..

So I need a few ideas..my next option could be to keep the moon and insted try an edible image of buzz and woody on the moon..

Or maybe a two tier cake with edible images on but not sure on base colours etc..

Can anyone give me any tips please

Thanks Rach x

6 replies
MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks for that...it has helped....

Just trying to think wot base colours to do..whether just to stick to dark blue..wish I had seen the film now...only ever caught bits of it.....

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 6:11pm
post #4 of 7

Here is a movie poster to get ideas on color.
LL

rach1 Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks Lisa

That has helped....given me a good base lot of colours to think on..

Many thanks

Rach x

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 8:44pm
post #6 of 7

What about a two tiered with the blue background with the clouds...and then just have some simple figures purchased from the store...(the dollar stores all have the toy story characters I see them all the time!) Probably cheaper and definitely quicker than an edible image.Maybe you could even write the childs name in royal icing and make it look like rope and connect the royal to woody's hand........making the name look like part of his lasso??? Obviously you would allow the royal name to harden completely, then maybe stand it up on the cake and then pipe in some royal from the name to woody's hand...I think that would look really cool!!!

rach1 Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 7:12am
post #7 of 7

Good Idea..something else for me to think on....

Quick question..

I dont have a printer to do my own images so contacted a company in the uk who does but they said they cant do it unless I can give them permission from the owners re copyright....

Have any of you had this problem.....not sure wot to do now...for I know some companies do them...I will have to approach them instead its just I shame I liked this company......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%