I Think I Got This....(Reverse Shell)

Decorating By mmdd Updated 12 Apr 2006 , 1:03pm by subaru

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 16

A while ago I posted a topic asking for help on the reverse shell border. Well...I think I finally got it!

I tried using several different tips AND I made a rosette first...that really helped.

Let me know whatcha guys think.
LL

15 replies
mjones17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjones17 Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 16

I can't see the picture icon_cry.gif I can't ever see pictures included in posts anybody know how to fix that?

mmdd Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 16

I don't know how to help you, mjones17, sorry.

This has been view almost 30 times, but I guess my border isn't very good. icon_sad.gif b/c no ones said anything about it.

Birdlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdlady Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 16

Hi,

I think your reverse shell looks quite good. I am a teacher of all courses at my bakery. It looks good from what I can see. You will find, that now you have the motion down, it will get so easy and you will do it without even thinking about it.

Keep up the good work.

Dawn

marknrox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknrox Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 4:32pm
post #5 of 16

Hi, I just logged on and wanted to let you know that you border looks perfect to me. thumbs_up.gif

I know it's hard to do, but you shouldn't feel like your work isn't any good because you see people have viewed and not responded. I'm sure there are quite a few people who are perusing these boards and are just not comfortable with posting. They may feel like THEY don't have anything to offer. I know I feel that way sometimes. Sometimes, I'm really busy and don't have time to post.

Be confident in yourself! icon_smile.gif Your work is great.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 16

Thanks for this post, I too am reverse shell challenged but now looking at your picture I think I know what I am doing wrong. Will try again tonight when I get home.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 4:35pm
post #7 of 16

Hey, you mean there's actually a name for that???? I did that on a cake and I thought I was just making it up as I went....is this the same as what you did??? Mine are a lot closer together though...but it looks very similar!!!
LL

mmdd Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 4:38pm
post #8 of 16

Thanks for all of the compliments!!! I just needed a quick pick me up, I guess. Seriously, though, this border was so hard for me to get..probably b/c I made it that way, but....if you make a rosette first and then twirl it...that works great!!

I'm gonna have to go find that other thread and thank that person that offered that advice to me!

buzzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buzzybee Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 16

That looks great! Thanks for posting this, I just learned to do this last week and couldn't for the life of me figure out who would want to do this 'ugly' border. But now I see it on a cake and it looks cool!

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 7:13pm
post #10 of 16

Very nice job, mmdd! thumbs_up.gif Yours definately looks better than my first attempt. (it was nothing short of a mess) icon_eek.gif

CakePhun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakePhun Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 3:19am
post #11 of 16

Way to go you little sheller you! Great job! S

LinB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LinB Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 3:26am
post #12 of 16

Looks great to me mmdd. I practiced and practiced after I learned how to do that border. After awhile it came to me. I kept getting frustrated. I would walk away and when I came back I didn't try as hard at it and it came naturally. I enjoy that border now.

Keep up the good work.

LinB

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 3:27am
post #13 of 16

This was the FIRST technique that I have BIG problems with. I had my instructor go over it with me like 3 or 4 different times before I finally said out loud, gee it kinda looks like you are making half a heart. That did it. Visualizing it as a half heart is what I needed. I have yet to have the nerve to try it on a cake but I make sure whenever I take out my icings and stuff to practice (I am still taking classes) I practice that first. Yours does look great.

Noelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noelle Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 3:29am
post #14 of 16

I love the reverse shell border! You did such a great job! Thanks for sharing how you did it too. Borders don't come easily to me.

mmdd Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:53pm
post #15 of 16

Thank you everyone!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

You all are so nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!icon_biggrin.gif

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 1:03pm
post #16 of 16

Looks good to me!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%