Heating Core?

Decorating By LinB Updated 14 Apr 2006 , 9:33pm by LOVEME

LinB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LinB Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 9

Hi everybody!

Do I have to use a heating core? It says to use one in pans that are 10" or larger. Is that a must? If not do you lower the cooking temp and increase time? I have never baked a cake larger than 8".

Any input is appreciated.
TIA

LinB

8 replies
CakeBakingGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBakingGurl Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 9

You dont have to use a heating core but over 10" it does help! You can simply place a flower nail upside down in the center.. just make sure you grease it up first! It works great!

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 9

I have baked many 10 inch without the heating core, I have used it and it does help bake much better. I just have to cook the cake longer without the heating core which makes the top a little crustier but I cut this off to level my cake anyways. Over 10 inch I would say yes use the heating core or you will never cook the middle of the cake.

LinB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LinB Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 6:29pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks guys!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I have been busy preparing things for class, among other things at home also.

Thanks again.

LinB

LOVEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LOVEME Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 9

Flower nails work great and I bake at 325 but I have a convection(think that's how it's spelled).

kimburkett_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimburkett_83 Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 9

I am sorry can someone explain this to me, I am not grasping this subject..................huh?

kimburkett_83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimburkett_83 Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 9

Bumping

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 9

So you just put the flower nail in the middle of the pan upside down? How much longer do you have to bake at 325?

LOVEME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LOVEME Posted 14 Apr 2006 , 9:33pm
post #9 of 9

Yes that's correct.I spray the nail and place 2 or 3 around the pan.I pre-heat at 350..turn back to 325 when I place the cake in the oven.I set the timer for 25 min's..but check often as all oven's are not the same.Now this is using the recipe with the extender in it.I don't use anything else.Everyone loves it so why change.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%