Freezing Cookies

Baking By KellJ Updated 10 Oct 2007 , 1:53pm by JenWith

KellJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellJ Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 6

I know this topic has been brought up before but honestly I am too lazy right now to search through everything... icon_biggrin.gif

How long can the NFSC freeze for? What about if they are decorated in royal? Does the RBC freeze well on cookies?? What is the best way for freezing and thawing the cookies??????

Thanks!
Kelly

5 replies
Joshsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshsmom Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 6

I don't make the NFSC but can tell you with the Penny's cookies I have frozen the cookie with RBC on them. I wrapped each one in saran wrap then put a few into a ziplock then put them in an airtight container and froze them for 2 weeks. Took them out and left them in the airtight container on the counter all day to thaw and they were perfect in the way they looked and the way they tasted. I finished up with RI decorations and they were done!

I've never frozen with RI so I can't comment on that.

jojo0676 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jojo0676 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 6

Has anyone frozen cookies decorated with RI? I have a ton of stuff to do to prepare for my daughters birthday party, I tend to go a little crazy. I am making cookies as favors and would like to decorate and freeze in advance if this is possible. I am planning on making a cream cheese sugar cookie decorated with Antonia74's RI. Any suggestions would be great.

TIA,
Mary Jo

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 6

I have and I did exactly what Joshsman did. Bake, decorate, dry really well, wrap each cookie in saran wrap, place in ziploc (try to get as much air out as you can) and place ziploc in airtight container. Thaw the cookies about 24 hours beforehand in the wrap, plastic, container and you should be all set.

HTH and good luck! I did cookie favors with chocolate lollipops for my daughter's 2nd birthday and they were a big hit! I will be doing them again for years to come. The ones that I froze that were all RI are the baby rattles and onesies in my photos.

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 9 Oct 2007 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 6

Can you freeze decorated with Tobas glaze??

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 10 Oct 2007 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 6

I haven't tried Toba's glace yet so I can't comment. Maybe someone else can shed some insight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%