Cannon Printers

Decorating By valluvscrafts Updated 12 Apr 2007 , 3:15am by nautkl1

valluvscrafts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valluvscrafts Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 10

hopefully someone can help me. Looking to invest and found a website to by edible ink I do not want to pay 500 and up but however all the ink I can find I can't any printers to match does anyone know if the models and the ink coinside together the site I'm talking about is
http://www.icingimages.com/systems.php?link=5
but if you go under the selct printer I have been to cannon's website as well as Ebay and can't find any of the printers to buy to order the ink..Can anyone advise me ... Thanks icon_smile.gif

9 replies
abeverley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeverley Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 10

I just looked at the list of compatible printers on the above site or www.kopykake.com and bought one off of ebay that was new and still in the box (normal ink never ran through it). Then ordered the coresponding ink.
I got a Epson- C88

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 5:31am
post #3 of 10

well bummer, i was so excited to see that they are making the edible ink for epson, but of course my epson wasn't one of the styles listed. darn.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by valluvscrafts

hopefully someone can help me. Looking to invest and found a website to by edible ink I do not want to pay 500 and up but however all the ink I can find I can't any printers to match does anyone know if the models and the ink coinside together the site I'm talking about is
http://www.icingimages.com/systems.php?link=5
but if you go under the selct printer I have been to cannon's website as well as Ebay and can't find any of the printers to buy to order the ink..Can anyone advise me ... Thanks icon_smile.gif

Try www.kopykake.com They sell ink for the Canon models. If you buy a new Canon iP3000 off eBay and inks from Kopykake, it'll cost closer to $200 for everything.

valluvscrafts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valluvscrafts Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:02am
post #5 of 10

Thanks abeverley I will go on there and try that

flowers40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowers40 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 1:08am
post #6 of 10

I've been considering buying a set up too. I know of two sites, one of which I can't remember the name of because I'm at work right now, and don't have access to my stuff. One of the sites is Walkers http://www.cake-decorating-supply.com/index.asp. But I think this site only gives you cartridges, and not printers. The other site offers the whole set up for around $275.00 to $375.00, printer, paper, and cartridges. I think if you could find the proper printer, the printers themselves are not that expensive. It the food coloring cartridges that cost. I will post the name of the other site when I get home and locate it. Better get back to work now!

kimkait Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkait Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 1:23am
post #7 of 10

I bought the epson c88+ at staples for 79.99 w/ a $15 rebate, got the ink from Kopykake. Works Great.

mommakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakescakes Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:38am
post #8 of 10

I got a Cannon Pixma ip1500 from ebay for $25. It was new and the box had never been opened. Then I ordered the food color cartridges and refill kits from kopycake. That is also where I got my frosting sheets. I have had mine for over a year now. With no problems.

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:09am
post #9 of 10

hmmm, sounds like a smart shopper alert to me!!! LOL. i will check out ebay too.

nautkl1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nautkl1 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:15am
post #10 of 10

I just purchased an Epson CX3810 and KopyKakes ink cartridges. The printer brand new was only $69.00 with the rebate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%