Graduation Cake For A Football Star

Decorating By FatAndHappy Updated 10 Apr 2006 , 2:13pm by MommyEdzards

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:16am
post #1 of 7

I've been asked to do the graduation cake(s) for a football star in our town. He is the high school teams captain and is going to a college on a football scholarship. (High school football is a religion in this town!!!!) His mom wanted 2 sheet cakes - one made to look like his high school jersey with the number and one to look like his future college jersey. This is all fine, except she wants another round or square cake in the middle with something "catchy" basically saying going from one team to another, or taking a step forward, etc. I can't think of anything!!! There will be 150 people from our town there so there will be great potential for me to have the business seen in 3 great cakes. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:17am
post #2 of 7

could the middle cake be a football?

It's a forward pass to success in college

FatAndHappy Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:21am
post #3 of 7

LOVE IT! Thanks Doug!!!

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:24am
post #4 of 7

When I graduated high school and went to college, I did my own cake (I had my two years all ready in my cake decorating internship with the local bakery) and I came up with....The high school logo on one side and the college logo on the other. Above them I had "Good bye Rams" "Hello Eagles" on the college logo....everyone thought it was cool! Hope this helps....

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:30am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

could the middle cake be a football?

It's a forward pass to success in college

isn't that a creative way of saying that! love it!

FatAndHappy Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 7

Anyone else have any ideas?

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 2:13pm
post #7 of 7

What if the middle cake was a round cake with a field post and put the football on the college jersey cake? The thought of "passing" from one chapter of his football career to the next!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%