Need Edible Images... In Ohio

Decorating By StephW Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 5:16pm by honestysprotege

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:46pm
post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof_Luke_n_Tori

I'm in Ohio and have a printer. Currently I'm waiting for stuff to clean out my print head (its clogged). I'm near Cleveland. If you want to talk, shoot me an email. If you need something immediately, I can't do it.

Thank you so much for the offer... that is so kind of you. I got what I needed for my cake last weekend. Can't hurt to have some options though! Now some of us are trying to plan a little field trip to White Flower Cakes... check out the link - their cakes are amazing!

Michelle... that is a bummer! Will you be working weekends?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:49pm
post #32 of 41

Nope, Monday through Friday 9 to 5:30 (at home so I'm close to my kitchen!). That would be great if we could all meet up somewhere and eat cake. icon_smile.gif

Bzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bzer Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:57pm
post #33 of 41

Mom Luke Tori...

How do you like your printer. ? Can you give me some idea how much they cost and what kind you have. Any info would be appreciated. Might look into getting one.

thanks

Ladyfett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfett Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:49am
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzer

Mom Luke Tori...

How do you like your printer. ? Can you give me some idea how much they cost and what kind you have. Any info would be appreciated. Might look into getting one.

thanks

I love my printer, I was so excited to get it. The only problem I've been having is the print head clogging, once I figure the best way to take care of that, life will be great. I got a canon pixma 4200 off of circuitcity.com and ordered compadible inks & paper from kopykake.com. The printer was like $80 and the inks & paper were close to $100 with shipping, but I get a great reaction with the cakes. I've been doing the decorating for about a year now and its such a fun hobby/side way to make money that I can't imagine why it took me so long to take the classes

Ladyfett Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:52am
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephW

[Thank you so much for the offer... that is so kind of you. I got what I needed for my cake last weekend. Can't hurt to have some options though! Now some of us are trying to plan a little field trip to White Flower Cakes... check out the link - their cakes are amazing!

StephW -- no problem, glad to offer. Its so hard to find people in my area that share my hobby, so I'm all for a fieldtrip. They featured the White Flower Cakes in the NH Chatter a couple weeks ago and a couple people from work asked if I could do cakes like theirs, I laughed and said I only wish I could.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:08am
post #36 of 41

Whats NH Chatter?

Bzer Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:14am
post #37 of 41

Thanks for the printer info....You said you had to take classes. what kind ?

Ladyfett Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:20am
post #38 of 41

NH Chatter -- News Herald (sorry was lazy) chatter. They mail it out in my area on Fridays.

I took classes at the Micheals store in Mentor, Wilton course I & II

Bzer Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 10:57am
post #39 of 41

thanks...? Do you charge extra for your images?

Ladyfett Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 4:30pm
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzer

thanks...? Do you charge extra for your images?

Yes, depending on the item, usually about $7

honestysprotege Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honestysprotege Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 5:16pm
post #41 of 41

I'm new to edible images. For anyone that went to a grocery store or Walmart, do they do cupcake-sized images? What is the process? I'm looking for a few different images for about three dozen cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%