Fort Collins Colorado (Or Surrounding Areas) Anyone???

Decorating By imaginecakes Updated 13 Apr 2007 , 1:57am by cakes21

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 14

Good Morning,
Is anyone else from The Fort Collins or Northern Colorado area? Just curious icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 14

Hiya J.
I live in Brush Colorado and two of my daughters live and work in Ft. Collins. They both work at the Wallymart there (the new one).
Brush is Northeast of Ft. Collins by about 45 minutes. On I-76.
Nice to meetcha

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 14

Used to live there and it grew so fast we left--we like the quiet areas ourselves! We may return some day--just not live right in the city! We lived in the southwest corner--just outside city limits.

krystalp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystalp Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 14

Hi there! I'm in Loveland. How'd you like that snow on Easter?? icon_eek.gif Uggggghhhhh....I'm soooooo ready for spring!!

kcw551 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcw551 Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 14

I moved to Ft. Collins last June, but have been working in the area for the past 6+ years. Lived in Berthoud for 20 years before that.

imaginecakes Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalp

Hi there! I'm in Loveland. How'd you like that snow on Easter?? icon_eek.gif Uggggghhhhh....I'm soooooo ready for spring!!

I know, me too!!! And I love snow!! Anyway...hello icon_biggrin.gif

chaptlps Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 14

Alrighty then, !!!!!?????!!!!!icon_sad.gif

krystalp Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 14

OK....I know there has to be more Northern Coloradoans out there.... icon_confused.gif

Is anyone licensed or know the CO laws on becoming licensed or selling out of your home? I just do cakes for friends and family right now, but I was curious on what to do if I ever decided to branch out...

imaginecakes Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 1:36pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaptlps

Alrighty then, !!!!!?????!!!!!icon_sad.gif

Hello icon_smile.gif I'm sorry, I was right in the middle of reading/responding to posts yesterday when me 4 year old decided it would be fun to have a total meltdown on me!!! icon_eek.gif

Nice to meet you to! icon_biggrin.gif

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 11:45pm
post #10 of 14

Hi! I lived in Greeley for a few years while in grad school at UNC, but have since moved back to So Cal (I couldn't hack the snow). My husband's family is still in Northern Colorado - Loveland, Greeley, Ft. Collins, and Eaton. We were in town on Valentine's Day and I couldn't believe how much snow Greeley still had on the ground from Christmas!!

As far as getting licensed out of your home - you can't do it in Colorado (at least not in Weld Couny). I worked at the Health Department while we were there and we actually would frequent contruction sites to give citations to people selling burritos out of their cars. You'll have to find a commercial kitchen to bake from.

Good luck!

chaptlps Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 1:01am
post #11 of 14

I do think it is a county by county thingee as far as home baking is concerned. I'll have to talk to the inspecter and ask her and see what she has to say.
I got lucky and was employed by a local bakery. Used to be the dept lead at our Walmart bakery but got tired of telling customers what we COULDN"T do. I can go in anytime to bake or decorate a cake and can pretty do anything a customer wants.
I really like it when the bakery is closed for the day and I am alone and no one is there to look over my shoulder or critique my work. Not to mention it's NICE n QUIET!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 1:59am
post #12 of 14

I'm not that far north, just to Federal heights. My friend looked into opening a buisness for her cookies that she does and she was told that you needed a different entrance door and a three compartment sink. Sounded more like a hassel. I would love just to be able to do cakes.

krystalp Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:01am
post #13 of 14

Thanks for the replies ladies!! Sounds like you've got it made chaptlps...That's the way to do it. I think that is what I would want to do too...IF I ever make it that far! icon_biggrin.gif
Cakes21, I grew up near Federal Heights....at 84th and Zuni.

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 1:57am
post #14 of 14

Oh yes, I know where that is. I live really close to 92nd and Federal

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%