How Do I...

Decorating By morphis1208 Updated 13 Apr 2007 , 8:39pm by RaRaRobyn

morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 3:38am
post #1 of 8

Attach ribbon to the bottom of a bc cake without one, the grease showing through and two getting it to lay just right. I thought I saw somewhere about adhering wax paper to the back but that didn't work out for me. Maybe I was doing it wrong. And how do you wrap it around so it lays right without it getting smushed into the side???

Thanks.

7 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 11:37am
post #2 of 8

I've never attached a ribbon to a BC cake but I think you can iron the ribbon and wax paper to make a seal on the ribbon. As for attaching it to the cake, someone else will have to help you. Good luck with the cake.

carrielynnfields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrielynnfields Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 11:42am
post #3 of 8

Oh man, I wish I could help out. Fondant is my icing of choice. Here's a bump. good luck icon_smile.gif

morphis1208 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morphis1208 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 12:02am
post #4 of 8

anyone else...

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 12:20am
post #5 of 8

ok, i have always attached mine with just a dot of bc in the back, wrapped it around and attached again with another dot of bc. the one and only time i had grease come thru was my seashell cake and i just stuck a shell over it LOL. Don't press the ribbon in, just pull it snug and "glue" ends. I have also heard you can use freezer paper to back them.... put the back of your ribbon on the shiny (?) side of the paper, iron it and cut. supposed to prevent oil bleed thru. Hope this helsp! Happy caking

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:28am
post #6 of 8

Ditto PP, except I use royal icing to attach the ribbon!

The wax paper DOES work! icon_biggrin.gif

Debbie1721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie1721 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 6:16pm
post #7 of 8

Do you wrap the ribbon around after us ice the cake or do you wait until it crusts over?

RaRaRobyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RaRaRobyn Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 8:39pm
post #8 of 8

I usually wrap it while the icing it still wet, but not *too* wet. It's easier to smooth over if I mess up, and the ribbon sticks to the icing better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%