Dipping Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

Decorating By charman Updated 8 Apr 2006 , 2:11am by creativeconfections

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 12:50am
post #1 of 16

Emergency...how do you dip peanut butter eggs into melted chocolate without having so much run-off/puddle under them on the wax paper. We have 250 1/2 pound eggs to make, and really could use the help! icon_cry.gif

15 replies
jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:00am
post #2 of 16

Put them on cooling rack over the top of a cookie sheet, that way you could possibly re-use the excess chocolate or what have you.

Forgot to add: Hopefully you have several large cookie sheets to use, then when the eggs are firm enough to remove do the next set.

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:02am
post #3 of 16

you could freeze them first and them dip them

charman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charman Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:05am
post #4 of 16

thought of that, but bottoms won't be coated, and if we dip them first and put them on the cooling rack to drain the excess will stick to the cooling rack and then pull off when you try to remove them. I am wondering if their chocolate is maybe too thick or maybe too thin is actually more like it...cause that would cause more run-off. I'm not there now myself to see what they actually have at the moment...any other advice?

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:13am
post #5 of 16

if you freeze them and them dip them...all of it will be coated...you would sit them in the chocolate and then maybe take a spoon and ladle the rest of the chocolate over it ...

creativeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativeconfections Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:16am
post #6 of 16

I also do eggs like this - I use the wax paper method - the cooling grid will make the bottoms bare AND if the PB is soft (which happens when the melted heated chocolate coats) the PB will deform around the grid. I use the paper and right after the chocolate cools a little - we run a very sharp knife around the edge of the egg. This will score a line and when the eggs are done cooling, you can lift them off and also reuse the chocolate that is on the paper. We do coconut eggs as well and freeze both before coating - helps to cool the chocolate better. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:26am
post #7 of 16

Would any of you mind sharing your recipes? I would really like to do some of these, they sound yummy!!

creativeconfections Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:32am
post #8 of 16

PB: 1# + 1 cp Pwdr Sugar, 1 cp PB, 2 stick Btr, 1 tsp Vanilla. Coconut is 1/2# butter, 2 cp Pwdr Sugar, 1 can Eagle Brand Milk, 4 cp coconut. Mix and form in egg shape. Freeze. Melt 1 - 12 oz bag choc chips & 1/2 bar wax in double boiler. Dip eggs and let sit. I use this same method for doing PB and Coconut balls at Christmas.

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 3:59am
post #9 of 16

How are you dipping them? Are you placing them on a dipping rod or fork? If so, just gently shake them until a good amount of the chocolate has dripped off. I make a lot of chocolate covered pretzels and truffles and that works for me. I always get a few with little puddles underneath but that's to be expected. And make sure your chocolate isn't too thick. HTH!

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:05am
post #10 of 16

Okay, I really don't mean to sound stupid but I'm reading the recipe that creativeconfections wrote and am wondering what 1# + 1cp means....do you mean pound (lb)?

I apologize if that sounds stupid, I've never seen it written that way before....

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:05am
post #11 of 16

Ya know I'm hungry thinking about it!!!!

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 12:46pm
post #12 of 16

Gibson-- # is another way to say pound. These sound sooo good, don't they? icon_smile.gif

mtdk454 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtdk454 Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 12:59pm
post #13 of 16

OOOHhhh yumm! I have made the peanut butter ones for christmas time and we put rice crispies in them, but the coconut sounds great. I love mounds bars sounds pretty close. I will have to try these for sure. Thanks for sharing!

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 1:37pm
post #14 of 16

creative confections: What kind of wax do you use? And where do you get it from?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Apr 2006 , 4:16pm
post #15 of 16

I think it's probably parafin wax.......you can get in the section that sells canning stuff usually........most baking aisles will have it though.

creativeconfections Posted 8 Apr 2006 , 2:11am
post #16 of 16

# = POUND AND 1 CP = CUP, I GET THE WAX ON THE BAKING AISLE. IT IS USUALLY 4 BLOCKS IN A BOX. THE COCONUT YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH - YOU MIGHT NEED TO ADD MORE SUGAR AS NEEDED, DEPENDING ON THE TEMP WHEN YOU MAKE IT. ALSO OFF BRAND COCONUT DOES NOT WORK WELL. IT ALSO HELPS TO REFRIG THE MIXTURE TO CHILL IT SOME SO IT IS EASIER TO SHAP INTO EGGS. (EXCUSE THE CAPS - I AM NOT YELLING.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%