Coroana Lable From H*ll

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 27 Apr 2005 , 3:37pm by zoozieqv

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 6

ok so my cousinand i are up until almost 4 working on this darn thing. it went on the cake just fine but as it set out for less than 5 minutes i could see the color seperating. so i put it back in the fridge. getting ready to go i check it one last time. everything is all good. so we make the drive to my inlaws house which is roughly 20 miles. the whole time i have the air conditioner full blast to keep it cool in the van. So we get there and right away i know somethingi s wrong because i have a wet spot on the top of my cake box. We go inside and i open it and the half of the lable (bct) had melted and slid down the side of the cake into a nasty looking puddle on my cake board. needless to say i cried. i do have pics that i took before it melted. so this is my disaster story. im still upset about the whole thing. even though the actuall cake tasted great and so did the whipped icing i made. it just wasnt the same. icon_cry.gif

5 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 1:43am
post #2 of 6

Susan...as I read your post, my heart just dropped for you. I saw the pic though and it looked great! I hope you had it with you to show everyone what a great job you did before the heat took its toll.

susanmm23 Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 2:13am
post #3 of 6

no i left it at home. but you better believe i will be taking a copy of it over there this week.

luceymoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luceymoose Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 8:58pm
post #4 of 6

The cake turned out great! So sorry to hear about the disaster icon_biggrin.gif

susanmm23 Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 1:42am
post #5 of 6

thank you. i dont think iw ill be trying another bct for a while. now im too scared.

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 3:37pm
post #6 of 6

Yeah, I saw your pic before I read this topic and it looked great. I would have never known you had so much trouble with it~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%