The Jello Fondant Was A Hit!

Decorating By SophieBelle Updated 7 Jul 2007 , 11:46pm by bobwonderbuns

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 12:23am
post #91 of 97

I bought some jell-o the other day and some glucose so I'm wanting to try this fondant. I'll rate it once I do thumbs_up.gif

Thanks so much for another optionicon_biggrin.gif

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 4 May 2007 , 6:17am
post #92 of 97

Okay I just tried it but it is 11:15 I went ahead and kneaded it cuz I didn't have an hour to kill. I have to go to bed the kids wake up at the same time every day! (and there are 2 extras tomorrow! 8o ) I made it with raspberry fake-o we'll see how it goes! It is too bright for my cake but I am going to get more sugar and different, paler jello and make it at nap time tomorrow! So far- so yummy!

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:22pm
post #93 of 97

Does anyone know if this is regular Jell-O or sugar free? Does it matter?? I have some of both and want to try.

THANKS!

marthajo1 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:25pm
post #94 of 97

I would think you would need to use the sugared one but if you try the other let us know!

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 10:43pm
post #95 of 97

Thanks. I was thinking it was the sugared up version because I've seen the pina colada and knew it was NOT sugar free. But silly me, I thought that I'd wait for it to go on sale and get all the special new flavors and now I can't find them! icon_cry.gif
I did get some new Jello Fusion flavors...there is a melon fusion [watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe flavors], blackberry fusion [blackberry and raspberry] and a tropical fusion [cherry, orange and pinapple]. Blackberry looks like a dark purpley-red [good word!] color and the tropical a red color and the melon a green color. Makes me just want to make it as jello with fruit in it too!

marthajo1 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 11:20pm
post #96 of 97

those sound really yummy! They do have a lot of flavor as fondant so keep that in mind when you plan a cake....

I might have to go look for some of those flavors!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 11:46pm
post #97 of 97

I am definitely going to have to try this recipe!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%