Luster Dust And Shimer Dust

Decorating By GLORIA2005 Updated 6 Apr 2006 , 6:55am by rach1

GLORIA2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLORIA2005 Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 2:27am
post #1 of 4

am wondering I never use neither can someone tell how I could use this so I could use it sometime?

3 replies
krzz18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krzz18 Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 3:22am
post #2 of 4

hey gloria, if you ever get the chance to use super pearl dust, do so!!! This stuff is soooo neat looking...almost like a shiny sparkly wet look. When I use it, I used lemon juice, but you can use extracts and alcohols if you prefer. I bought it from beryls online store. You dont have to use a lot of dust compared to liguid but its a matter of personal preference with how intense you want it..

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 4

yes.......the luster dust is extremely shiny, sparkly, kind of metallic looking almost....and totally gorgeous, the shimmer dusts however are completely different, they are found at the craft store and are not nearly as shimmery and beautiful and are kind of gritty like sand.......the luster dusts are actually powder like dust.

rach1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rach1 Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 6:55am
post #4 of 4

I use loads of lustre dusts all different colours...but I do love the sugarflair pink shimmer and the ivory pearl...

but then again I love them all icon_biggrin.gif

I mix mine with rejuvinator spirit which is alcohol based ..you can use clear alcohol aswell or lemon juice.....

If you want some examples look in my album..the best pics are the undsea castle cake the othe castle cakes and doll cakes..
The undersea one has had everypart of the cake covered in some type of lustre whether it is dry and dusted like on the cake or mixed and painted on everything else..

Hope that helps

Rach

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%