Gumpaste Instructions

Decorating By CIndymm4 Updated 26 Apr 2005 , 2:54am by CIndymm4

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 7

I need the name of a really good beginners book to gumpaste flowers. I have searched and there are quite a few books out there and I don't know which one would be the best one. I am a beginner but so want to learn how to make gumpaste flowers....any help ya'll could give would be appreciated......I'll be in the Dallas area this next weekend for the McKinney Cake and Sugar Art show so I'll have access to lots of book stores and I want to pick up some books while I am there......I'm country mouse going to the big city and want to make the most of it while I am there.

6 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 7

gumpaste hmmmm check with MrsMissey, Lisa, cali4dawn, or m0use, or ladycake, I think they are the ones that do those really well.....

Tea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 7

Our gum paste instructor recommanded "Cakes by Design" by Wooley and Farace. I just got it from Amazon, and this book is sooo beautifully done. Almost every cake and sugar art has its own picture, but most illustrations/instructions are hand drawn. I haven't tried anything from this book yet, but it looks ok. I also have another book by Wilton, and this one has clear pictured instructions, but it only shows you very limited number of flowers (compared to the Wooley book).

I will spend some time to read the Wooley book and give you an update. icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 7

I haven't seen Scott Woolley's book, but I sure do love to look at his cakes...his sugar flowers, and the cakes are absolutely out of this world. I would love to have his book, and his video (I think its $150).
His website is cakesbydesign.com. I go there at least once a month to check out his latest "cake of the month". Very cool cakes. Janice

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 5:04pm
post #5 of 7

Just wanted to say that his webite is cakesbydesign.cc not .com thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 25 Apr 2005 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks, I definitely stand corrected! Janice

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 2:54am
post #7 of 7

Lisa reccomended that same book to me so I am definetely going to try and pick that up and thanks for the web site, I'm going to take a look at that as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%