Help My Dh Please!!!

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 7 Apr 2007 , 3:31am by cakemomne

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 12:12am
post #1 of 4

So I go to the store today...have to make a quick stop to a Rural King which is like a farmers, hunters, tool mans dream kinda like sears except not...hard to explain. My husband wants a turkey call the kind they stick the whole little thing in their mouths. Anyways...DH CANT MAKE THE THING WORK RIGHT!!!!!!!!! GOSH PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! He needs a hunters advice...PLEASE tell me someones DH on CC Turkey hunts?!?!!? He needs advice on how to use this thing!!! Before I lose my SANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I am on a cake site looking for turkey call help....go figure!!!!

TIA
Christi
(Im serious he even asked me to see if someone would know)

LOL

3 replies
cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 1:29am
post #2 of 4

heres a bump

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 2:49am
post #3 of 4

Mine does but he's not home right now and won't be home except to sleep until about 1 tommorow. Could you post a picture of it? I might be able to figure it out if I saw it, I've seen them use most of them used at some point.

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 3:31am
post #4 of 4

My DH hunts everything, seriously everything icon_lol.gif . Here are his suggestions,

1. Make sure the call is not too big, it should fit comfortably between the top of your tongue and the roof of your mouth. If not, trim around the edges so it fits. TRIM A VERY SMALL AMOUNT AT A TIME!

2. A beginner should start with a single reed or a double reed diaphragm call.

3. He also suggests a call named a plunger call for a beginner, it is box with a button to push. It makes yelps and purrs.

4. a slate call is also easy to learn (even I can do that one thumbs_up.gif )

Don't give up on the diaphragm, it is a great hands free call so you can have your hands at the ready on your gun or bow. There are a lot of instructional videos that may help as well. He also says to not worry about sounding "perfect", as he has heard what he thought was another hunter but turned out to be a real turkey.

PM me if you need more info! HTH!!

P.S. As far as preserving your sanity, get some ear plugs. My DH walks during the season with those stupid calls in his mouth practicing icon_rolleyes.gif oh well love them love the hunting

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%