Pearl Molds Help!

Decorating By pastrypuffgirl Updated 23 Apr 2005 , 4:42am by cakemommy

pastrypuffgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrypuffgirl Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 4:32am
post #1 of 2

Ok, i bought one of those silicone pearl molds. I have been trying to get a strand of pearls out of it but i have not quite got the hang of it. Does anyone know exactly how to use this? The instructions that came with it were not very clear. Thank you for any help! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 4:42am
post #2 of 2

I have some of the molds. This is what I do to make the strands. I dust the inside of the mold with my pearl dust then I open it all the way and push it, while holding it open, down onto a roll of fondant. I then take my fingers and push down on the mold even more to make sure all the holes are filled. Then with firm pressure I flatten out the mold (still face down) and I move my fingers to the long sides of it and squeeze it closed. I cut off any fondant sticking out the shorter sides and scrape off any fondant that was pinched out of the opening. Then I open it and I hold it at a slant and sometimes the strand will come out on its own or I have to give it a start with a toothpick or something. I start with the end closest to my work surface. Just be careful to not leave any indentations or break off any beads when loosening. The key is to make sure you get enough fondant into the mold and let the mold squeeze out any excess. If you don't have enough fondant then your pearls will all fall off individually.

I really hope this helps.

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%