Patriotic Cake Ideas

Decorating By Charmed Updated 27 Apr 2005 , 2:29pm by Charmed

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 2:57am
post #1 of 7

Hi again,
I need some ideas (besides a flag) for 4th of july cake. anybody has done a 3d or sculpted patriotic cake? Thanks in advance for your input and help. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 2:59am
post #2 of 7

I think I saw in the gallery somewhere where someone had done a 3-D bear on top of a square cake I think, anyway, the bear was all decked out in red, white and blue.....it was adorable.

CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 3:01am
post #3 of 7

Go to the gallery, under holidays and then under 4th of July....some great ideas there....that's where the 4th of July bear is too.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 3:10am
post #4 of 7

I've seen the bear one too...I think it was in the 4th of July contest. It might have been the winner. I can't remember. It was too cute!

I have this cake in my favorites. I think it's cute too. I keep thinking I want to make it but I'm not too good with the sculpting. They make it look so easy though.

http://www.pastrywiz.com/cakes/4thjulycakesam.htm

http://www.pastrywiz.com/cakes/4thjulycakes.htm

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 23 Apr 2005 , 3:44am
post #5 of 7

I just had a flash of a topsy turvy cake, one layer with stripes, one with stars, maybe one or two in solid colors with flags and fireworks of mmf, etc.
Maybe make the top a top hat like Uncle Sam.

Janice

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 24 Apr 2005 , 3:01am
post #6 of 7

You could use clean cans as baking pans, then decorate them to look like fireworks, or maybe use a star pan, and decorate in patriotic colors...

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 7

hi,
thank you all for your wonderful suggestions thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%