Baby News, Not Cake Related.

Lounge By CMarie Updated 7 Apr 2007 , 12:28am by mkolmar

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 4

My husband and I have been married for almost a year. We've talked about having kids and we both decided that we should wait a while before we start. Well my father in law isnt doing so well. He had a double lung transplant in January, went home for 9 days and was back at the Cleveland Clinic. He had mono, he got a little better, then they found lymphomia, got a little better, then they found 2 brain tumors. We went to Cleveland last weekend and saw him and it was very hard for my husband. On the way back we were talking and I was telling him that I think we should start because I'm ready, and I think that his dad should see his first grandchild. He agreed and we have started to process to try to become pregnant. I'm really happy, but at the same time sad because now on top of EVERYTHING else his dad no has liver and lung cancer. I just needed to vent some of this because we arent telling anyone were trying, we waiting until it happens.

3 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 4

That's a tough situation with his father. It sounds as if he is loosing ground rapidly. I'm so sorry this is happening. However, I understand you wanting a child and his dad to hopefully see the baby too.

My FIL was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer right after I delivered our son. I was so happy that he was able to see him before he died. His grandkids ment the world to him. We now tell our children that they have one more gaurden angle. We go to the cemetery with the kids at least once a month and since it's just down the road from our house everytime we pass it they say "Hi grandpa--- or bye grandpa" On his birthday and other special events we give the kids balloons to send to heaven and let them go next to his grave. We even eat a birthday meal and have his favorite desserts in his honor. It's been 1 year now and they still talk about him as if he is still here, which in return helps my husband heel a little more.

Good luck on trying to have a baby! I wish you the best---a child truly is a blessing.

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 4

thank you so much! I just hope that we can have one before its too late. He doesnt have any grandkids yet, so we would have the first and we both think that it would mean so much to him to see his first grandchild. My husband has had a slightly troubled past, and his father saw him clean his act up, graduate college, get married, and my husband wants him to meet his first grandchild.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Apr 2007 , 12:28am
post #4 of 4

good luck with getting pregnant. I hope it happens soon for you. If you ever need to talk just pm me, I've been in the same situation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%