Edible Ink Printer

Decorating By msmeg Updated 22 Apr 2005 , 9:01pm by m0use

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 2

I understand all I need is a canon printer and the edible ink and paper

ok easy enough but HOW do I do it with my computer???? can I hook up 2 printers to one computer or just unhook mine and plug in the other when I am ready to use it?

1 reply
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 2

Yes, you can hook up more than one printer on a computer, especially if they have usb cables for them- which is becoming a lot more common today. What you do is install the drivers for the second printer, and then make sure that you make your primary regular ink printer your default printer . (Right click on the printer in printer settings and chose the default option.)
Then when you go to print an edible printer, always go File/Print/ then go to the dropdown arrow where the printer name is listed, and choose the edible printer, then ok and it should print to the edible image printer.

**If you need more than 2 USB ports, which is usually the standard number available on your pc, just to Best Buy or CompUSA or any computer store and buy USB hub. A four port hub should be more than fine, unless you have a ton of devices that use a usb connection.
Hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%