Bct????

Decorating By susanmm23 Updated 22 Apr 2005 , 9:01pm by veejaytx

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 4

i was reading over dawns directions for bct. do you have to out line like you did on pooh?? im doing a corona lable and dont think i need to outline. but wasnt sure if this was something i had to do for it to work. lol im really nervous about doing this. if i practice tonight and it works can i save the transfer until sunday??? or would i need to redo it????

3 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 4

Hi Susan, I just made my first bct, two of them actually, and they don't have an outline, but I think they would have been easier if they'd had one.
I don't know how they came out, I'm afraid to look!

What I'm wondering now is how do I put them on a cake when there is no actual shape to them.

From what I understand, just keep the bct wrapped and frozen until you are ready to use it. Janice

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 4

why easier???? i guess i could outline in the color of the cake. im sure yours came out great. dont you just put them on there and then blend with more icing???? im using whipped cream icing i hope it still works right with the bct.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 22 Apr 2005 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 4

Well, I got them out and looked at them, and it's not a pretty sight! I did NOT get my mirror image right on one (I can cut the writing off and use the flowers, though.) On both of them I used the tip with the smooth edge and the ridges edge, and used the ridges edge on what is the front, so that doesn't look too good. I'm glad I tried it though, next time will be better. I think I also made them a little thick, so that's why I was worried about putting them on the cake, but you are right you just put them on, and put some icing around to make them fit in, or do an icing border, guess that would work too.

Anyway, I do think that if you have borders and definite lines to follow the whole thing will work better. Good luck with yours, I'm anxious to see pictures, I know your FIL will love it! Janice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%