Disaster? My Over Sure Is!!!! Just Venting!

Decorating By karebere Updated 30 Mar 2006 , 9:47pm by karebere

karebere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karebere Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 3

OK I have been baking cakes for most of my life....since I was aobut 7 or 8 years old and I won't tell you how old I am now but just know a heck of a long time. Any way I have never had any problems what so ever unitl I recently got into the cd thing?! I have had 2 cakes in the last week over flow out of the pans and all over my oven?! I guess it is becuase I am experimenting with different pans but geeeze! One of them was one of those silicon pans that girl from work bought for me and not only did it flow over the side but it stuck to the pan in some places and I pretty much jsut fed it to my kids since there was no use decorating or trying to decorate iticon_sad.gif ( I think some of the reason this one flowed over the side was due to the flimsyness of the pan? Why it stuck I don't know because I did use cake release on it!) Any way why can I not seem to make a cake that I can decorate when I have had no problems in the past. By the way the other cakes fell after they overflowed icon_confused.gif I know it must just be coincidence but AAARRRGHHH!!!!! icon_mad.gif Thanks for letting me vent
Karrie

2 replies
iceberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iceberg Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 3

Don't mean to tell you I told you so but those silicone pans are nothing but junk...that's my opinion anyway.

karebere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karebere Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 9:47pm
post #3 of 3

I would have to agree aobut the silicon pans and its OK to tell me I told you so but I still had to try them out for myself! I was always one of those kids who when told not to touch the stove cuz it was hot - had to touch to see what hot was. Oh well! The other pans were wilton 6 inch and I think I just over filled them?! Who knows it just frustrated the heck out ot me if you know what I mean? icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%