Pettinice Fondant

Decorating By Florimbio Updated 31 Mar 2006 , 1:49am by dky

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 3:12am
post #1 of 8

Just Thought I would Share... thumbs_up.gif

I while back I posted a fondant poll asking what ready made fondant people liked. Most recomeneded Fondex, Satin Ice, and Pettinice.

I gave Pettinice a try because a store somewhat close to me had it.

I must say it was great! Great taste, easy to color, great texture, molds great!

Thanks everyone for all your help, I am eager to try the other two brands next! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
SavannahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SavannahJane Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 5:00am
post #2 of 8

lol thats odd...I ordered the pettinice fondant online (I ordered the 5 pound block) and when I got it I tried it out and I absolutely HATE it...it's ok to work with but the taste was just horrible...Maybe I got a bad batch lol

MommaLlama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaLlama Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 5:05am
post #3 of 8

I absolutely love Pettinice. I think it tastes great and it is very easy to work with. My husband snags a piece or eats the leftovers when he gets the chance, and my kids think it's candy.

ml

crouton800 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crouton800 Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 5:12am
post #4 of 8

I too like the Pettinice but I must say, i havent' tried other brands because Pettinice is the only one available here. I tried making homemade fondant and it was a disaster. My hubby tells me instead of taking all the trouble to make the fondant isn't it just simpler to buy the pettinice since it's "consistent" & proven to work and that half the time people don't even eat it. in respect to making a wedding cake, i'm thinking it's probably wiser, as I could spend more time making the gumpaste flowers then worry whether my fondant is going to turn out icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

auntiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntiecake Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 5:17am
post #5 of 8

I have used Pettinice and it tastes pretty good. I like the vanilla better than the chocolate though! It was easy to work w/too.

Justcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justcakes Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 2:57pm
post #6 of 8

I use Pettinice and I love it. Order/buy it in the buckets though...the foil wrapped ones don't taste the same.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 30 Mar 2006 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 8

Where would I order it from?

dky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dky Posted 31 Mar 2006 , 1:49am
post #8 of 8

great to work with but not the best tasting.... keep experimenting till you find one that does the job and taste great

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%