Hugs & Stitches Help

Decorating By rflores Updated 28 Mar 2006 , 2:17pm by ape

rflores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rflores Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 5:51am
post #1 of 3

I'm making a cake for my bosses babyshower we really like the hugs & stitches theme but i cannot freehand very well does anyone have any suggestions?

2 replies
momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 3

Try doing a frozen buttercream transfer. It's super easy! There's a tutorial on this site, and a recipe for buttercream frosting that will give you just the right consistency in the recipe section.
Thi nice thing about the hugs and stitches theme is that there are several parts of it that you can focus on, depending on your confidence &/or style of decorating. I've done a few of the 1st birthday hugs and stitches cakes, and they've each been totally different. One lady had a super cute topper for the cake, so she just had me put polka dots on the cake that are in the background of the invites- super easy! Whatever you decide to do, make sure to take pictures and post them! I'm sure it will be great! thumbs_up.gif

Editing to add: Here's a link to the recipe I referred to:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1602-ButterCream-Icing-for-Frozen-Transfers.html

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 28 Mar 2006 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 3

Look in the birthday gallery for a lot of different interpretations on the theme.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%