Sculpted Egg Cake?

Decorating By rhesp1212 Updated 5 Apr 2007 , 7:33pm by pugsmom

rhesp1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rhesp1212 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,
I'm a newbie here, although I've been lurking for a long time now!! LOVE THIS SITE!! Anyways....I can't find a wilton egg pan, and I really wanted to make an egg shaped cake for Easter. Any ideas on how to best sculpt an egg cake? I would really like to get the rounded effect like the pan and not just carve out a flat surfaced egg shape.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!
Valerie

4 replies
torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 5

you could maybe make a few different size round cakes, stack them and carve you egg shape.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

what pans do you have?

for example

a wonder mold split in half and then placed fat end to fat end and carve will create 1/2 an egg or 1/2 of wonder w/ half of one half of the sports ball pan.

or

a football pan cake can be cut in half and then half 4 inch or so rounds added and carved.

and --- a little late to try -- but I got mine off eBay

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:10am
post #4 of 5

If you can't do any of the things Doug suggested, you could always get a deep oval pan, use the cake collar (is that what it's called? - new here and can't remember all the terms) to make it even deeper. You could then carve it into a half egg shape.

It wouldn't be an egg that's "standing up", but it would be better than just a 2 dimensional egg shape.

pugsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugsmom Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 7:33pm
post #5 of 5

I am thinking about doing an egg "standing up" myself. I am thinking about making the cake in 2 pyrex bowls then putting them together and shaping it a little bit when its cooled....Anyone think it will work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%