What Are You Making For Easter?

Decorating By fooby Updated 6 Apr 2007 , 10:13pm by cakebabe1403

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:02am
post #31 of 58

I did green oreo cookies with a chocolate mold yellow duck with it's head to the ground and it's butt in the air. Daisies on each side of the duck.
Very cute but alot of work.

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!!

Lu

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:07am
post #32 of 58

What am I making for Easter? RESERVATIONS!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:37am
post #33 of 58

I will be throwing my egg cake togther last min sat when I get off the plane wish me luck. thumbs_up.gif But I feel really bad because im miss reliable when it comes to my sons class parties I always bring the desserts and easter is my favorite holiday but I leave that friday night and I have to pack and I dont want to dirty my kitchen so im thinking about not making the class treats but all the kids will be expecting them so I dont know what to do I guess I could sit up all night thursday putting something simple togther and clean before I leave saturday argh thumbsdown.gif

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 7:26am
post #34 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

The cake has mandarin oranges in it and the juice..the frosting is whipped cream pudding and pineapple (Paula Deene recipe) icon_smile.gif very good

Real pineapple ? Sounds delicious ! Would you be able to pm me the recipe please ? icon_biggrin.gif

icon_confused.gif So, why is it called a pig pickin cake ??!!

thanks, julie

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 10:49am
post #35 of 58

My stepkids won't be here this Easter icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif We only learned about it yesterday. I may have to cancel my plans for baking anything. But then again, I may decide just to do it for the kids at the apartment complex. You know what, I probably will since I"m off Thursday and Friday icon_biggrin.gif

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 11:12am
post #36 of 58

Oh E! You're so funny! icon_lol.gif

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:41pm
post #37 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngestdecorator

I've got 200 hand decorated cookies to do, along w/th two 10" circle cake that have on the side and a bouquet of flowers on top. Yikes! And i haven't even started. I first cookie pick up is this friday, i'm super lazy, that's not good.

Take it from me....you better start now! It took me three days to complete (mine were all hand deco. too)

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:50pm
post #38 of 58

Yesterday I decorated 42 DOZEN icon_eek.gif (yes, that's 504) Easter cookies!!! Today I have to do 8 dozen more, and a cake. Then I have 2 dz CC and a cake for Sat. Sooooooooo.....I don't think I'll be doing cookies for my family for easter!! I think maybe cakeballs, those are our favorite!!! I hope everyone has a very blessed holiday and gets to enjoy at least a litte of it with their family!!
Carrie

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:57pm
post #39 of 58

I'm still planning a cake lol, I just can't decide but better do that today lol. I am trying to decide between the Debbie Brown tree stump w/ bunnies & eggs or a 2 tiered whimsical idea I had.

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm
post #40 of 58

I am doing a cake from the 2005 yearbook. It is a petal shaped cake with each petal being a basket. I putting daisy's on the baskets and bought a solid chocolate bunny for the center.

~Chelle

tburkhalter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tburkhalter Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 5:29pm
post #41 of 58

I'm doing a coconut cream cake. One of my favorites!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 5:30pm
post #42 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburkhalter

I'm doing a coconut cream cake. One of my favorites!

I just ate my lunch and you're making me hungry again!! icon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

PixieDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PixieDiva Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 5:37pm
post #43 of 58

I'm making a bunny cake with a 3d mold. Then I'm going to frost it and then put this superfine unsweetened organic coconut flakes on it, so it looks like fur.

carries_creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carries_creations Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 5:38pm
post #44 of 58

I am going to attempt the 3D lamb and the 3D bunny for the fisrst time. I am also going to do cupcakes with the kids and let them try out their decorating skills!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 9:57pm
post #45 of 58

I wasn't going to do a cake for Easter, I'm still trying to get all my planning preparation done for a wedding cake for next week and making 9 dozen Jello eggs - but listening to you guys I really want to! I may have to try the cake balls - I haven't done those yet and I bet they'd be a big hit!

jemme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jemme Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 10:05pm
post #46 of 58

I am still contemplating and trying to get my ideas together.
I want to do something special for my husband because he gave up snacks for lent (this includes cake!!!!) and his favorite food is reese's peanut butter cups.
I was thinking about doing a pb/chocolate cheese cake, covering it in cholate and then making peanut butter eggs........

if anyone has any great suggestions i am all for them!!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 10:12pm
post #47 of 58

My cousin is "in charge" of the Easter Cake, which is ALWAYS a Bunny Cake! My assignment this year is appetizers, BOR-RING! LOL Well, that's okay, because I'm doing a John Deere Cake for a client's FIL.

Beth in KY

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 11:18pm
post #48 of 58

I just made this Easter egg cake today for my step dad and his wife. They run a daycare and are going to showcase it to get me some referrals. I am also going to make a three tiered daisy "wedding" cake for practice for our actual Easter celebration. There is going to be tons of cake leftover, lol. Oh well I am making Southern Living's carrot cake so I am sure people will be happy to take some home.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=maryjsgirl&cat=0&pos=0

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 3:27pm
post #49 of 58

I'm thinking I'll make cupcakes decorated with a giant bc rose on top and bc leaves.

azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 3:34pm
post #50 of 58

I was going to spend hours making cupcakes for my daughters school party, but instead decided to let her to it all by herself. She made yellow mix cake with green pull out grass with jellybeans of top. She was so proud to take them into class this morning and was sure to tell everyone that She made them not meicon_smile.gifLOL!

sweetviolent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetviolent Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 3:37pm
post #51 of 58

I am doing a freezer lemon bar for Easter because... after 4 birthdays and a baby shower from march 2-24th , my immediate and extended family is caked out and I don,y want to "overexpose" my best "customers" icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 3:54pm
post #52 of 58

There's acually three cakes that I want to make...but I haven't acually "started" any of them!! So they may turn out to be May-Day cakes instead!! icon_eek.gif

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 4:00pm
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemme

I want to do something special for my husband because he gave up snacks for lent (this includes cake!!!!) and his favorite food is reese's peanut butter cups.
I was thinking about doing a pb/chocolate cheese cake, covering it in cholate and then making peanut butter eggs........

My hubby too!!! What is is with men and PB and chocolate? Did you know that you could make chocolate and PB roses just like you would BC roses? That's if you are any good at making BC roses...( which I am NOT!!!) Just use a Hershey's kiss as your base and use creamy PB and the same tips you would use with your BC. It sure sounds good anyway!!

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 4:05pm
post #54 of 58

The kids loved the bunny/grass cupcakes that I made last year so it will be the same.

jamiesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiesue Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 6:24pm
post #55 of 58

I'm making a SIMPLE train cake for DS b-day on Saturday (he'll be 2) and I am making coconut cake with pineapple filling for Sunday. I'm trying a new recipe and my in-laws are coming!

maybeline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybeline Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 9:26pm
post #56 of 58

What about a peanut butter cake covered in chocolate ganache - sort of like a peanut butter egg in cake form - if you have an egg pan that would realy make it. i bet you could do some great easter designs on top of ganache.

i passing this idea to you bc i really wanted to do it, but I don't have an egg cake pan so i decided to do a easter basket cake with grass on top and the bunny face cupcakes with marshmallo ears and cheeks and coconut 'fur'

jemme wrote:

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 9:40pm
post #57 of 58

I had no idea what I was doing.....until I started doing it. LOL...I just posted my pics. All I knew is that I wanted to try basketweave (have never done it before) and I wanted to make a fondant bunny. Oh, and I also wanted a multi-colored pastel checkerboard (well kinda) cake so that when we cut into it everyone will be in ahhh! Anyway things just kinda fell together as I went along and it is finally done! It was also the first time I made buttercream dream and I have to say...YUM! My husband even loves it and he was against any new kind of buttercream than my usual all crisco stuff. I am pretty happy with it all! icon_biggrin.gif

cakebabe1403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebabe1403 Posted 6 Apr 2007 , 10:13pm
post #58 of 58

Taking a break from decorating so I'm making a strawberry pound cake trifle. It's a layer of almond cream cheese pound cake, then vanilla pudding & cool whip folded together, then sliced strawberried, and everything repeated again. It's so yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%