Not Everything White Is Bc Icing - Ew

Decorating By Katskakes Updated 5 Apr 2007 , 1:43pm by Melvira

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 23

About a year ago i went to target and bought some Lil Debbies seasonal cakes. I opened one in the car and saw what i thought was icing from the cake in my hand. I went off to lick it. and YUCK! it was Johnson & Johnson baby lotion i had put on before i went to the store. It was the worst taste ever, it just wouldn't go away.
You'd think i'd learned from my mistake right?! well not so much.
Just 2 wks ago i was making a cake and chocolates. I had a spoon w/a little bit of white, i was about to lick it til i noticed it was crisco! YUCK. thankfully i didn't. icon_redface.gif

22 replies
azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 23

Yuck! That wouldn't have tasted very good! I try and avoid little bites here and there. Once I start, I can't stop!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 23

I was at a business dinner and noticed the dish of ice cream in front of me wasn't melting. I finally commented to the lady next to me how well the ice cream was holding up. She smiled and told me, "I think that's the butter!" icon_redface.gif

reese04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reese04 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 23

My husband accidently did the crisco thing....He always asks now before he licks icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mdutcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdutcher Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 23

haha! This is funny!
My 6yr old dd loves to stick her little fingers in whatever mess I make on the counter--learned very quickly not to touch what I'm working on, but for some reason, if it's fallen on the counter, it's fair game!
Well anyway, we were at a friend's house making homemade pizzas and sure enough, she comes up and gets a big finger full of flour and pops it in her mouth! The look on her face was priceless!! icon_lol.gif I just said "not everything white is sweet, honey!!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 9:35pm
post #6 of 23

I did the Crisco thing when I was a kid!! My mom was making frosting and I saw white on the beater and assumed it was frosting - it wasn't!! I think it was all Crisco! You would think that I would learn from it, but a few weeks ago I thought I had a dab of frosting on the back of my hand - licked it off and needless to say it was Crisco! I may be scarred for life now icon_smile.gif

~Chelle

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 23

Do u remember seeing your mom bring home those big bars of what you thought were candy bars home....then sneaking a bite....EWWW unsweetened bakers bars icon_sad.gif

mdutcher Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 10:26pm
post #8 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Do u remember seeing your mom bring home those big bars of what you thought were candy bars home....then sneaking a bite....EWWW unsweetened bakers bars icon_sad.gif

My mom would purposely leave some out just to get a laugh!! We would get so mad and say "stop laughing, it's not funny!"...Now I find myself doing similar things with my kids. bad, bad, bad... icon_lol.gif

lauramw71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauramw71 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:59am
post #9 of 23

I remember telling my younger brother that the beef boullion cube was actually a chocolate square. LOL But, he was the kind of kid that he looked at me and ate the whole thing and said that was GREAT! You have any more? sheesh.. took the fun out of it! haha

mdutcher Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 2:37am
post #10 of 23

OK, while we're telling yucky stories (this is off subject a little, but I have to share), when my mom would make no bake cookies and send them in our lunches, there was this bully that would always steel my brother's cookies! Well by the 3rd time, my mom made some and put some ex-lax in them and sent more than the usual amount.......needless to say, that boy never stole food from my brother again!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I love my mom!!!

jenncowin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenncowin Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 2:52am
post #11 of 23

My son has done the stick-your-finger-in-the-bowl trick only to come away with a glob of crisco. Definitely stops it.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 3:42am
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdutcher

OK, while we're telling yucky stories (this is off subject a little, but I have to share), when my mom would make no bake cookies and send them in our lunches, there was this bully that would always steel my brother's cookies! Well by the 3rd time, my mom made some and put some ex-lax in them and sent more than the usual amount.......needless to say, that boy never stole food from my brother again!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I love my mom!!!

my mother and brother did something similar to that! a bully kept taking my brothers lunch right out of his plate every day in elementary school. he would always come home starved, and she couldn't figure out why. when he told her, she was extremely angry, and without thinking said that someone should nail that kids hand to the table...next day, the call comes that she needs to come down to the school, cause the bully had tried it again, and scott had put his fork through his hand!

torki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
torki Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:17am
post #13 of 23

I use a Pettina chocolate paste in my mud cakes. It looks just like and smells like dark chocolate paste....... but on its own it is really, really, really bitter....I shudder thinking about it ........anyway... after I have cleaned up I always leave just the choc measuring jug with little left over paste on the bench , I then make a coffee and sit down to wait .....without fail one of my three teenagers enters the kitchen and just has to have a taste.........from three rooms away all you can hear "ARGH.... that is soooo gross!!!!" LMAO....then they came running with tongues hanging out ranting and raving, demanding to know what they just ate....and I tell them....the same thing you ate last week and the week before and the week bofore that....and .....!!

gets them every time.....they never learn!!! I love it !!! My revenge on teenagers!!!! icon_lol.gificon_evil.gificon_lol.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:52am
post #14 of 23

When I was younger I poured a nice big spoonful of vanilla extract - thinking that it would be vanilla-y and syrupy sweet -- instead I put a big spoonful of bitter in my mouth! icon_eek.gif I spit it out in the sink and had to go brush my teeth to get the taste out. When I told my mom she just laughed. icon_biggrin.gif

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 1:43pm
post #15 of 23

omg too funny. ya'll made me laugh. Everytime i tell my little debbie story to someone i LMAO.
thanks

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 2:04pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

When I was small I did the same thing. I never learned. I always HOPED that it would taste better the next time I tried it.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 2:24pm
post #17 of 23

When we were kids my brother was simply addicted to chewing gum... one day he was 'out' of his regular stash so he grabbed some that mom had in the medicine cupboard, chewed up the WHOLE pack. Yep, you guessed it, he didn't get off the toilet for two days. He lost 13 pounds!! Mom was very upset, as she was worried it would have long term effects, but I think she was just sad that he was that stupid. He was like 12 and should've known better!! icon_lol.gif

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 2:29pm
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdutcher

When my mum was in high school, one of her guy friends was always begging candy off the others in the group. One day while in science class they disceted (sp) a cows eye and Did you know that when the lens dries out it looks like a butter scotch candy?
Well the next day they were all standing around eatting candy, and like clock work this guy asks for some. So they hand him the dried cows lens, he pops it in his mouth and well needless to say he never asked for candy again.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 2:43pm
post #19 of 23

These are cracking me up!!! I remember tasting vanilla as a child because it smelled so good.

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 9:48am
post #20 of 23

These are hilarious! My sister tells a story about when she was young. She saw my dad's coffee cup sitting on the stove and thought she's sneak a sip, when she did, she found out that it was a cup of grease that mom had left there after cooking! YUCK! Another along the same lines, my 3 YO neice got hold of my dad's soda can that sits next to his chair on the front porch. She had herself a good drink and went to granny saying that she didn't want to drink that again. Dad had been using the can as an ashtray and had a little liquid in it. UGH!!!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 10:39am
post #21 of 23

Melvira I did the same exact thing!!!!!!!!! OMG My mom still laughs about it. I had to actually go to the doctor and they almost put me in the hospital...I chewed the whole pack!!! I was on the toilet for 3 days then couldnt go at all!! LOL I was 11.

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 12:07pm
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACakelady

Another along the same lines, my 3 YO neice got hold of my dad's soda can that sits next to his chair on the front porch. She had herself a good drink and went to granny saying that she didn't want to drink that again. Dad had been using the can as an ashtray and had a little liquid in it. UGH!!!!

My husband dips and my kids have learned that you DO NOT pick up a can that has been sitting around my house and drink it.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 5 Apr 2007 , 1:43pm
post #23 of 23

Hahaha! My brother (yes, the same one) did the grease thing... he opened the fridge because he was super hungry and thought, "Oh! Applesauce!" and took a big old spoonful, then went running to the sink to spit out a mouthful of grease. He was so mad!! By the way, this time he was in his 30's and definitely should've known better!

Then there is the story of my Uncle who went out drinking one night and when he came home, stumbled into the bathroom to brush his teeth and didn't turn the light on. Thought the toothpaste tasted gross, turned on the light and found he was using Preparation H!! EW!!! icon_surprised.gif

I love sharing these stories! They are gross, but SO funny!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%