What's For Easter Dinner At Your House??

Lounge By wgoat5 Updated 4 Apr 2007 , 4:24am by heather2780

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 4:49pm
post #1 of 15

Thought this would be fun since we like to talk about food icon_biggrin.gif
We are having Ham, potato casserole, green beans, sour cream butter biscuits, ambrosia salad, fried cabbage (we love that in the south icon_smile.gif ) and coconut cream cake.

Oh while I am at it...do you prefer a simple homemade cake...like a carrot, coconut, spice cakes for Easter with the icing that goes with it or decorated BC topped cakes???

Christi

14 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 15

Fun thread!
We're having ham, potato salad, pasta salad, mac&cheese, broccoli casserole and rolls. And of course, the traditional "easter bunny" cake that my mom started making when I was little. The flavor of cake will be up to the kids, but it has to have buttercream.

wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 15

Yummy I love pasta salad and mac -n- cheese...hmm maybe I will add that also icon_smile.gif

Plus hope everybody has a wonderful Easter !!!!

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 15

I haven't decided yet. It's just the three (dh, ds, and self) of us so we might go out for dinner...but that sounds so "untraditional". We normally have ham and all the fixin's. I just can't figure out what I want to do....I think I'm running on burn out from the shop! icon_cry.gif

wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 15

oh oh have you ever had a bbqd ham??? oh my they are so good...about 4 years ago we had relatives come in from Texas and they made a BBQ ham so delicious!!! Never had one since and don't know the recipe

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

oh oh have you ever had a bbqd ham??? oh my they are so good...about 4 years ago we had relatives come in from Texas and they made a BBQ ham so delicious!!! Never had one since and don't know the recipe

It is sooo not fair to tease us like that!! icon_wink.gif

Sounds delicious!! icon_biggrin.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 5:58pm
post #7 of 15

We have a big extended family dinner on Sunday with my husband's aunts, uncles and cousins (his aunt has it this year) and I don't know what we're going to have there.

The night before a holiday we usually have dinner with the four of us and my husband's parents. I'm doing a standing rib roast, potatos, salad, veggies and dessert.

wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:47pm
post #8 of 15

Love prime rib (I guess thats another name for standing rib roast). When my dad was alive we had prime rib. This year will be our first year without good dad so we are doing something different. He always did the prime rib. That sounds delicious also!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 6:55pm
post #9 of 15

Invited to dinner at my son inlaws sisters home, not sure but think she is doing a ham. I am making a wonderful shrimp vermicelli salad and some decorated cupcakes in cute tree stands. Daughter Melissa is making her delicious broccoli salad with bacon and almonds, red onion and sauteed mushrooms, yum!

wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 7:08pm
post #10 of 15

Anybody else getting hungry? YUM I love that broccoli salad!! And the shrimp dish sounds yummy also!!!

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 7:16pm
post #11 of 15

We usually have the traditional ham, cheesy potatos, broc. and cheese, rolls, fruit salad and some sort of cake or cheesecake, but this year my wonderful brother-in-law wants something different. He and my sister went a bought 15-20 pounds of king crab legs, my hubby and I bought 5 pounds of raw jumbo shrimp, other sister is making garlic bread, twiced baked cheesy potatos, don't know what veggie yet, and I'll make the sweets.

wgoat5 Posted 3 Apr 2007 , 7:32pm
post #12 of 15

wow what a dinner..I absolutely love crab legs and shrimp...some of my favs.! Lucky you!!!!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 12:25am
post #13 of 15

our family is going to be eating at my parents house this year and the menu is going to be a brown sugar glazed ham, potatoe salad, tuna salad, a relish tray, a fruit and veggie tray, and jello pies

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 3:08am
post #14 of 15

we have decided this year to have a picnic at the park instead of being in the kitchen all morning cooking. so grinders (sub sandwiches) potato salad, chips and I am making a carrot cake.

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 4 Apr 2007 , 4:24am
post #15 of 15

Im so excited this year all of my family (and there are alot of them) live in kansas except me (cant convince my hubby born and raised in nevada) and this year we get to there for easter my kids will hunt with all there cousin about 30 all in all and there will be tons of food my sister the list maker has told me lets see ham, potatoe salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, chips, fruit, vegies, of course deviled eggs, jello eggs are a staple and ofcourse I will be making the cake the classic egg cake ive been making since I was 12 not sure how im going to fit it in seeing as though I arrive the day before and have a very full day that day but I guess i will sit up all night cant have easter without it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%