Cakemaster26 Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 2:31am
post #1 of 25

Hey everyone

I have lost 25 pounds in 3months. yahooooooooo icon_biggrin.gif

24 replies
jo_ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo_ann Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 2:50am
post #2 of 25

Congrats. Great job. I just started my diet icon_cry.gif I want to lose 25 - 30 lbs.

Cakemaster26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaster26 Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 3:09am
post #3 of 25

Thanks,

the best way I found is not too drink soda's, no fast food except subway, subs, tuna etc... and excercise.

You can do it.

cakesbgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbgood Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 25

That's wonderful! I'm starting up the ole dieting again to, winter has not been good on the bod lol! The last time I got really serious about it all I did was like kriss said, cut out the fast food and soda. I only ate chicken, pork, fish and salads. And as for exercise I just walked, just about 1 mile a day was all really icon_redface.gif , but it all worked, I lost 23 lbs in a very short time, within about 2 months. So now that the weather is breaking here, getting nicer most days, I'm going to be hitting the sidewalks again at least 3 or 4 times a week! Good Luck everyone thumbs_up.gif

Cakemaster26 Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 25

good luck to you all to.

icon_biggrin.gif

cakesbgood Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 5:32pm
post #6 of 25

Thanks! You to thumbs_up.gif

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 6:55pm
post #7 of 25

Oh, i am so happy for you but a little jelous as well. icon_rolleyes.gif
I will try icon_redface.gif and start on monday. Summer is coming and with a body like that i have to wear jeans on the beach icon_lol.gif
My baby (who has suddenly grown into a toddler) started kindergarten and i have my mornings just for me. Yipiii! Will defenetly join the gym as well.

cakesbgood Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 7:30pm
post #8 of 25

That helps doesn't it, when they start school! I thought when my last one started, which he's in the THIRD grade now LOL, that I would have more time to myself, but seems all I get done is cleaning the house after all of them!! I have 3 boys, the older two are 22 and 18 though icon_smile.gif. Not to mention their father, I tell everyone that he's my oldest icon_lol.gif. But I have to learn to take the time for me and get out there and start walking again! It makes it harder to diet with all these guys around to icon_cry.gif , sounds a little like an excuse I know, but it's true because they don't want diet food or what they call "rabbit" food lol. And I get tired of trying to make two different dinners and cleaning up all of it! So I guess I'll just need to really try harder to just cut back on the servings of what I AM making.

Liis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liis Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 9:34pm
post #9 of 25

cakesbgood, i was reading it and i saw my future in front of me. I have 3 boys as well.(2,5,7) And anything diet is not considered food by my husband so... really hard. but i will try i am so determined.
Lol i have one soup diet, supposed to work great so i will be eating soup for the next 4 weeks.
icon_lol.gif

cakesbgood Posted 1 Apr 2006 , 11:56pm
post #10 of 25

It's nice to know we're not alone isn't it?? icon_biggrin.gif Yours are all very young still, I feel for you lol! I sometimes think there is something wrong with me because I'm glad that mine are getting older thumbs_up.gif , does that sound awful??? lol, I love them all with all my heart though, wouldn't change anything for the world!! My husband and I have been married for 22 yrs and I still love him to death, he really is my other half icon_smile.gif I just think it's because I had my oldest when I was so young, I was only 17. Then my second came when I was 20. Then the third at 30!! What a big surprise HE was icon_surprised.gif lol, he's a sweetheart though! But I've been raising kids for so long that I'm looking forward to a break. But then I start thinking, hmmm, by the time I get my 9 yr old raised, I'm probably going to be a grandma icon_cry.gif !!! LOL, Thank God my oldest two haven't started having kids yet, don't think I could handle that yet with a 9 yr old still icon_confused.gif Wow, I got way off the diet issue didn't I lol tapedshut.gif

peanut2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peanut2 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 2:04am
post #11 of 25

Great job, Kriss! You should be very proud of yourself!

Cakemaster26 Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 1:01pm
post #12 of 25

thanks peanut2. icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Apr 2006 , 6:47pm
post #13 of 25

Congrats Kriss!!

YouTakeTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouTakeTheCake Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 12:22am
post #14 of 25

Hey me too....I lost 21 lbs. my first month on Weight Watchers...Yeah for me and you too Kriss!!! icon_lol.gif
Jackie

peanut2 Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 12:46am
post #15 of 25

Good going Jackie!

suzannetherlands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannetherlands Posted 4 Apr 2006 , 7:55am
post #16 of 25

Congratulations!!!
Great job
(just made another cake, so again: no weightloss icon_wink.gif )

4cardsfanz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4cardsfanz Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 1:34am
post #17 of 25

It is so nice to know that I am not alone!!! Not that I am glad that you think you are overweight!! I had bloodwork done this week and the DR told me to lower my triglycerides. So guess what I get to do. No Big Mac's and I get to start walking or something. Maybe we should form a group that checks in with each other on a set day during the week to give an update of progress and boost each others self esteem? Anyone want to??I could use the motivation and support from fellow cake eaters!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

suzannetherlands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannetherlands Posted 5 Apr 2006 , 8:23am
post #18 of 25

well... i am not really overweigt, but added 30 pound due to 3 pregnancies... and i like to cook, bake cakes, children (3, 5 and 7 years) like to make cookies and help in the kitchen.
i guess my motivation to lose weight really has to come from other cake bakers...
so count me in icon_smile.gif
Suzan

TexasSugar Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 2:08am
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cardsfanz

So guess what I get to do. No Big Mac's and I get to start walking or something.

I gave up cokes back in Jan, and have been walking every day since Feb 2. And I've lost 10lbs. 3 alone from not having cokes. The other since walking. I haven't changed my diet hugely, other than trying to add in more fruits and eat less unhealthy stuff.

Interesting tidbit of information I read this week... 3,500 calories equals 1 lb. So for every 3500 calories that you take in, that you do not burn off you will gain 1lb.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 2:53am
post #20 of 25

Wow! I did not know that 3500 calories equals 1 pound......hmm........I'll have to keep that in mind!!!

But, oh my, how much exercise is required to burn 3500 calories?!?!

peanut2 Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 3:19am
post #21 of 25

I wonder how many calories are in an overflowing teaspoon of buttercream icing. For some reason, I just wondered that.

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 3:22am
post #22 of 25

I was wondering that earlier......LOL! I used to hate all of that too sweet icing, but it's grown on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tlnewman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlnewman Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 3:42am
post #23 of 25

If you cut out all white foods you will lose weight!!! trust me I know!! icon_biggrin.gif

mmdd Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 3:46am
post #24 of 25

Starch Starch starch..........I love starch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yfoods!!!

I smother things in mashed potatoes!!!! I can't help it..EVERYTHING is better with mashed potatoes!!

I finally quit buying potatoes so I won't make mashed potatoes!!!!! It's sad, really.

TexasSugar Posted 6 Apr 2006 , 5:02am
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdd

But, oh my, how much exercise is required to burn 3500 calories?!?!

We burn calories all day. You burn calories sitting infront of the computer while at CC. Okay so it isn't as much as if you were out walking for that time, but you still burn them. I want to say you burn around 500 calories just sleeping for 8 hours.

The idea is to burn what you are taking in, so that it doesn't have time to add up to that 1lb worth of calories.

Check out Caloriesperhour.com to see how much some of your activites are burning.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%