Kitchenaid Or Delonghi Or Something Else???

Decorating By mommy_of_3 Updated 13 Apr 2006 , 1:31am by Kazoot

mommy_of_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy_of_3 Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 2:17am
post #1 of 8

I'm in the market for a new stand mixer. My KitchenAid (300 watt) finally died the other day. I would like a professional mixer this time and was thinking of getting the KitchenAid 6 quart (575 watt) but came across the DeLonghi 7 quart and would like your opinions, PLEASE!
Thanks!
Mary icon_smile.gif

7 replies
MaryD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryD Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 2:59am
post #2 of 8

I love my Kitchenaid 6 quart. I find it large enough for everything I need. I did go out and buy a Sunbeam about a month ago because sometimes the Kitchenaid is too big for my needs.

CakemanOH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakemanOH Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 8

I have the Viking 7 1/2 quart 1000 watt mixer. It is a machine!!!!!!!

cakesksa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesksa Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 8

I have a DeLonghi and LOVE it. I've used my mom's Kitchenaid but I really prefer the DeLonghi. Much more powerful motor, much better designed splash shield, tilting head, etc. I would absolutely buy one again.

Julie icon_smile.gif

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 12:39pm
post #5 of 8

I've never used Delonghi, but hear it is a great machine.

I have an old KA...20 years plus..and was frustrated with the small size, so invested in a new one.

Though, they look the same, I can tell the newer one is not built as well as my older one. I have been told that KA now uses inferior parts in the newer machines. I would have to agree. The new machine is stronger but just doesn't seem to have the oomph my old one does.

I'm not saying that the KA is not a good machine. I am saying that the quality is not what it used to be. I doubt my new mixer will get the mileage my old one has and continues to do.

Having said that I think that if you are a casual baker, the KA will do you just fine. If you are a serious baker and do multiple cakes, each week, I'd invest in a true work horse machine that will give you years of service.

This is just my opinion. I'm sure plenty of you, out there, have KA, or some other model and love them.

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 8

I have never had a KA or DiLonghi, but I have a Wolfgang Puck stand mixer. It was under $200 and I love it.

flocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flocakes Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 1:25am
post #7 of 8

My firt mixer was a Kitchen Aid, then last year I decided to shop for a larger kitchen aid and came across the Delonghi. wouldnt trade it for anything.
The body is sleek and the 7 quart capacity is a big plus. Its a luxury item in my Kitchen.

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 1:31am
post #8 of 8

I have the 7qt Delongi and I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had a KA, 4.5 qt for about 12 years, and I still have it. I needed a bigger mixer and I liked the way the Delongi tilted up instead of raising and lowering the bowl. My mom has the 5qt KA and she likes the tilting head more. The Delongi is a bit louder than my KA, but not so much that it is not worth the power!!!!! LOL thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%