Who Is Your Website With?

Lounge By southerncake Updated 27 Jun 2006 , 12:56am by Mac

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 14

Hi guys,

I'm ready to have a website. I want something that I can make look really professional.

Some of you guys have beautiful sites.

What sites do you all suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Amy

13 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 25 Mar 2006 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 14

I am still setting up mine... So I need all the help I can get as well. But i do like the idea of having a name stamp on the cakes....I am not sure about advertising your prices, I do not want to stuck on a price...somethings are more time consuming...

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 4:07am
post #3 of 14

I agree that I don't think I would post prices. If they feel the prices are too high at first glance, you may not get a second look from them; whereas, in person or on the phone you can "sell" your product.

Hopefully we will have some suggestions soon.

Thanks again,

Southerncake

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 4:31am
post #4 of 14

I used freewebs.com to start an Arizona ICES site. It was super easy to do and thats why I like it. The space is limited but you can upgrade. Also you can buy a domain name form them too. I highly recommned them. Plus they are in AZ>.LOL

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 26 Mar 2006 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 14

I am paying for mine. lots of people recomend the free webs site, so it must be good. I just liked the idea of not having any ad's on mine, it is only $100 a year, so not so bad, A friend of my husbands is setting it up, so I am not sure who it is with, but if you want to pay, I can get that info and give it to you.

Good Luck!

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 27 Mar 2006 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 14

I use freewebs too and it has been easy and fun so far. I have not upgraded as of yet - maybe soon though - as it is not very expensive at all.

Bonnie you site is way cute!!!

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 9 May 2006 , 6:15am
post #7 of 14

I'm a web designer and I host websites on my own server. I'm cheap and I do great sites. If you need any help, just IM me and I'll do my best to help you.

Rachel

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 9 May 2006 , 2:52pm
post #8 of 14

My husband set mine up on Brinkster. We're getting ready to redo it, so it looks more professional. I believe the package we have costs $8.95 a month.

My older sister owns her own business and insisted that I have a website. So she actually pays for it right now, otherwise I would probably have gone with a free service or something a little cheaper.

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 9 May 2006 , 3:17pm
post #9 of 14

I use godaddy.com, have for years, never a problem. Hosting is $4 a month. You can purchase your .com name from $7-$9 per year, includes emails.

Free sites usually include some sort of banner advertisements and if you have problems (they go down), there is no customer support to help you. It can be frustrating for the customer. Personally, I would not risk it, especially since hosting is so cheap.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 10 May 2006 , 7:21pm
post #10 of 14

I use freewebs and also have a blog. Both of my sites are 100% free. I have ads on my blog that I personally placed there. Some of the ads on the freewebs account belong to freewebs, but I think they've placed them on the site tastefully. icon_wink.gif
I think for what they are, my sites look ok and since I'm not running a business at this time are about as fancy as they need to be. icon_smile.gif

dandy207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandy207 Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:22pm
post #11 of 14

i use piczo, i love them, its easy, and you dont have to know html. Its also free! just google piczo

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 9:24pm
post #12 of 14

i used freewebs also. i really like it.

katleg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katleg Posted 26 Jun 2006 , 10:00pm
post #13 of 14

i use go daddy as well. i think it is very easy to use and if you ever need help they have 24 hour help lines and everytime ive called, they have been very nice, friendly, and helpful.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 27 Jun 2006 , 12:56am
post #14 of 14

I use zoomshare.com

It's free for 10 pages then you have to upgrade once they are full. It's $9.95 a month for unlimited.

Unless you are a legal baker, I wouldn't put prices on your website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%